“Great stay”

Super 8 Decatur Priceville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Priceville
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

my fiance and i stayed here for a month for his work. Tge llocation was ok xlise to a bunch of things to do but secluded so it was very quiet :) the rooms were clean when we arrived however had to clean them by ourselves throughout the stay. The people were very nice. Beds are very comfortable. Clean surroundings. Great breakfast. The only complaints i have is 1st the pool was green and slimey and the dryer in the guest laundry was a disaster. Other than that this place is awesome and i would recommend it

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank mmgriff

Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

This was a welcome find after getting a refund at a place down the road that wasn't tolerable. The room and bathroom were very clean, the staff were friendly and helpful and the bed was comfortable. Overall this was a great place to stay for the money and if I find myself in Decatur again I would stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Pros - was able to bring dog for a small fee. Nice to have a little breakfast. Good location close to J. R's Steakhouse that had a good salad buffet. Clean bathroom.

Cons- Sheets where very very thin and dingy and had lots of cigarette burns in them. Bath linens dingy. Pillows needed replaced along with the mattresses.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank marcyjane
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The young man who helped me at the desk was very polite and gave me a good deal on the room since I was stuck in bad weather. To my surprise the room was nice and warm since they had turned the air on for me before I got to my room. We ate breakfast and went on our way. Thank you again young man for you kindness to a old couple needing shelter and sleep.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank julie p
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I just stayed here when I was coming into town to visit family. The staff was friendly, and the room had nice extras (hairdryer, fridge and microwave, big vanity for makeup, and a couch/sitting area.

I would stay again for sure, as it is a great value for the price and very convenient to all major surrounding areas via the interstate exchange less than a block from the hotel entrance.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in January while my house was being treated for termites. I enjoyed my stay. The staff was very friendly. I got a good rate for an extended stay. The room was very quiet and nicely stocked. Also, the police station was next door, and I felt very safe throughout my stay.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2008

When I checked in, the man on duty asked for my credit card and then fully charged out my four night stay ahead of time which kind of surprised me. The room was not as clean as one would expect. There was black mold on the bathroom ceiling and the heater smelled badly when turned on. The sink drained very slowly. The hot and cold shower taps were reversed. My bedspread had multiple large burn holes in it . The very worst thing was that the room had cockroaches, which the man on duty said he had no idea there was a problem with. (I saw a total of seven while we were there.) He said it was probably because it was a first floor room and there was a field across from the parking lot. He also said he had no idea that there was black mold on the bathroom ceiling as "he never gets back there". As we were there for a major function in town, there were no other hotel rooms available for us elsewhere. Everything else was booked up. We would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Been to Super 8 Decatur Priceville? Share your experiences!