Candlewood Suites Avondale-New Orleans
$80
ComfortInn
$139
$125
All reviewsfresh clean smellnew orleansfull size fridgestove topsmall kitchenfrench quarterfront desk agentstay there againclean roomsmardi grasfacilitieslaundrygympillowscruiseaccommodationssink
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed here for a couple weeks an enjoyed every minute. The rooms are spacious and clean and it was really nice having all the comforts of home. Full kitchen and bath with big screen LCD. I would recommend this place for a few days or long term. Staff is really friendly and willing to help with anything you may need during your stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
cwsavondale, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Avondale-New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Eric,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed every minute of your stay and found our rooms to be spacious and clean with all of the comforts of home such as the full kitchen. That's what we strive for, to be your home away from home. I am also glad to know that you found our staff to be friendly and willing to help during your stay. We look foward to having you stay with us again and thans for your kind words.

Shannon Diebold, General Manager
Candlewood Suites Avondale LA

Reviewed March 18, 2012

This hotel is very new and features very bright and airy hallways that lead to a generously sized room. Your room includes a full size refrigerator (including a full size freezer and ice maker), sink with disposal, dishwasher, and two stove-top burners. There were two dishwasher detergent pods, Palmolive dish soap, and a pack of popcorn waiting on the counter when I arrived. There are pots and pans, a strainer, toaster, coffee maker with two Maxwell House packets with creamer and sugar, serving utensils, hand towel, paper towels, pot holder, large liquid pitcher, can opener, dishes, cups, coffee mugs, plates, cereal bowls, silverware; most of which had at two of each item. There is free laundry and a gym. There was also a grill and outdoor patio. There is a Blue-Ray player in your room and there is a wide array of blue-ray movies available downstairs at the front desk for free use. The bed is comfy with several pillows. You can adjust the temperature of your room by using the digital thermostat on the wall. It even detects when you enter and exit the room to save energy.

The bathroom is spacious with lots of space in the cabinet beneath the sink. The towels are a little more plush than the towels you normally find at a hotel. The bathroom is also equipped with Pantene Pro-V 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner, bar soap, and a hairdryer.

I also like that the front door is locked at all times so you have to have a room key to enter the building, even through the lobby. Don't worry, the front desk attendant will open the doors for you if you have your hands full.

Just a few tips: Bring or purchase a wine opener if you plan on drinking some as there was not one in the room. Also, the hotel is separated from New Orleans by the H.P. Long bridge which is currently undergoing construction. This makes for a LOT of traffic if you're trying to go downtown. I'd recommend staying elsewhere if you plan on traveling into New Orleans everyday. The traffic will make your commute last a lot longer.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank foxegurl266
cwsavondale, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Avondale-New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and found everything satisfactory with your stay. We also look forward to having you as our guest again when your travels bring you back to the New Orleans area.

Andrea Richey

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel prior to our cruise. The rooms clean and very clean. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank super83120
cwsavondale, Manager at Candlewood Suites Avondale-New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed July 22, 2011

My husband and I on a 2 week trip to visit family combined with business. So far..this is the absolute best hotel we have had. This hotel is brand new and still smells new. We have a King Suite with one bed. The room has everything you need: microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher. Very clean and comfortable. The only down side is the management. We found them not very friendly in the "southern hospitality" way we expected. While the room is very comfortable, we do not feel comfortable or at ease. We are traveling with our 14 year old Lhasa Apso and while out dining with our relatives, we received a call from the hotel letting us know our dog had been barking all morning. Our dog is not so much a barker but is more of a "cryer". She will cry when lonely so we thought this was an overstatement. We had to leave our lunch and return to the hotel. Their "pet policy" is a bit stringent. It is impossible to expect any pet to remain completely silent when in a strange place. We will not return to this hotel with out pet again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LAWoman001

Dear LAWoman,
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with your 1 bedroom suite. I do apologize greatly about your experience with your Lhasa Apso. We are a pet friendly hotel however, our pet policy fully states the issue regarding noise complaints as a result of a guest's pet. I hope you can understand that we have to adhere to these standarsd when a noise complaint is made so that other guests can be provided with a pleasant and quiet stay absent of any disturbances. We hope to have you back and stay with us again (with your Lhasa Apso too). We understand that each pet's personality is unique and given that you stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which is located in the center of the hotel, we could perhaps offer you a room on one of the ends of the building so that less guests are disturbed in the event that your pet were to cry when left alone and lonely. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Shannon Diebold, General Manager
Candlewood Suites Avondale, LA

Reviewed June 30, 2011

I inadvertently booked an advance pay room, and then found out is was too far away from the events I was attending, and when I attempted to cancel the booking I was given the run around. No one was able to make the executive decision to refund my money and placed the blame on the other. The owner never returned calls. The manager disconnected the line and did not attempt to contact me. Guest services with IHG would not intercede for me and also disconnected the line. I will end up staying there because I can not afford to lose $500.00. I will be posting to every travel site and professional nursing travel forum that I can think of.

t

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kenonoshow

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your reservation. Unfortunately the reservation was booked as an advanced pay reservation and was not done directly with the hotel. Therefor the hotel had no way of refunding the money.