I give this resort 3 stars on our overall experience. The Posada is nice but needs a bit updating - the soft furnishings in our room were looking well used, the water pressure in our shower was a dribble and bath was not very nice. The resort is about 40-50 minutes from the waterfall and airport and transfers are charged US$100 per return, so quickly add up if used more often. The staff are very friendly, exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable about the resort. We had a nice trip up the river and went to the small waterfall - Salto Yassy. The food was disappointing - good solid fair but nothing special. I ordered fish which was undercooked, and another guest had the same problem the following night - she sent hers back and got the same portion back cooked a bit more. They have 2 menus that are alternated daily and are presented for both lunch and dinner. So not much choice. Enough for a 2-3 days stay but longer and it get boring. They will allow you to order off menu ie sandwiches or burgers if available. The plates could do with adding a bit extra when presenting the food. The swimming pool was big and deep but starting to collect quite a bit of algae - needs to good scrub to get it clean. A pleasant eco lodge for a few days peace but too far out to really enjoy the Iguazu falls and surrounding town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Don Puerto Bemberg Lodge is a jungle boutique hotel with personalized 5 star service. The Lodge is strategically located in the Misiones jungle, in a private natural reserve located 35 minutes away from Iguazu Falls. Trails, natural waterfalls, rivers, trees, native plants, birds and fauna of the jungle; characterize the environment of the Lodge that is certified as a sustainable tourism hotel by Rain Forest Alliance. The Hotel was built from an old house owned by the traditional Bemberg Family, which has been completely renovated respecting the original architecture. All spacious rooms feature large windows and a private patio, allowing the traveler to contemplate the jungle. They have been tastefully decorated maintaining its colonial style with a combination of natural and local materials. The hotel features a Gourmet Author Restaurant with international and regional cuisine, a pool surrounded by jungle, boating activities, trekking and jungle interpretation. The lodge has wi fi in the rooms and common areas, and outdoor parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Posada Puerto Bemberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Puerto Bemberg Hotel Puerto Libertad
- Posada Puerto Bemberg Argentina/Puerto Libertad