This was one of those amazing experiences where everything you read told you it would be wonderful, but the actual experience beats anything you could have imagined.
I am like so many reviewers before me. The location is amazing, spread out away from the tackiness of Puerto Iguazu, this is a haven across wonderful natural land. It might sound expensive when you are thinking about booking, but it's real value for money.
The food is amazing, we're talking 5 star dining in the middle of nowhere! The Posada offers local items of interest. When you arrive, Emilio or one of the team will discuss options and you can choose from jungle walks, boat rides on the Parana river, bird-spotting walks, the hummingbird garden, a trip to Salto Yasi, and so on. It was so good at the Posada, we even reduced the amount of time spent at Iguazu Falls so we could enjoy more time at the Posada.
Naza was the resident naturalist/guide for our trips. Smart and passionate about her local environment, it was wonderful to hear from someone with so much passion for her country.
Rooms are very luxurious, grounds are very well maintained, and there is a great viewing platform to look across the Parana River to Paraguay. The platform is a great spot for a drink in the afternoon.
I can just picture coming back from Iguazu Falls at lunchtime, being served a late 5 star lunch (no bother from the staff that we were late), with hummingbirds literally buzzing the plants within 2 metres from us.
My only regret is not spending more time here. I would want a minimum 4 nights next time to soak up all it has to offer.
Thank to all the staff for their kindness and help during our stay.
Note that if you stay here, organise a private car through the Posada to take you to/from the Falls and airport. A little more expensive but very clean, ontime vehicles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Don Puerto Bemberg Lodge is a jungle boutique hotel with personalized 5 star service. The Lodge is strategically located in the Misiones jungle, in a private natural reserve located 35 minutes away from Iguazu Falls. Trails, natural waterfalls, rivers, trees, native plants, birds and fauna of the jungle; characterize the environment of the Lodge that is certified as a sustainable tourism hotel by Rain Forest Alliance. The Hotel was built from an old house owned by the traditional Bemberg Family, which has been completely renovated respecting the original architecture. All spacious rooms feature large windows and a private patio, allowing the traveler to contemplate the jungle. They have been tastefully decorated maintaining its colonial style with a combination of natural and local materials. The hotel features a Gourmet Author Restaurant with international and regional cuisine, a pool surrounded by jungle, boating activities, trekking and jungle interpretation. The lodge has wi fi in the rooms and common areas, and outdoor parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Posada Puerto Bemberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Puerto Bemberg Hotel Puerto Libertad
- Posada Puerto Bemberg Argentina/Puerto Libertad