“Not what I was expecting” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake Hume Resort

Lake Hume Resort
London, United Kingdom
“Not what I was expecting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

I wanted a couple of quiet days in the middle of a long and busy trip. Albury/Lake Hume is a wonderful area with lots do with colonial towns, the lake and the ski fields not far away. When I discovered there was an Accor hotel at the lake, the All Seasons, I looked at their website and decided to stay. However, the website was very misleading. I was expecting a Hotel. I had booked a room with a lake view but that was not what I got. When I arrived I saw the sign for the hotel, but couldn’t find it. Reason being that it’s not really a hotel. It really is a group of cabins with a few rooms in the main building. It reminded me of a British holiday camp from the 1960’s, but after a long journey I couldn’t be bothered to go elsewhere. Fortunately, when I checked in, I was given a one bedroom villa which has recently been built. It wasn’t bad, but had no lake view and because it wasn’t finished, there was no phone. I was told that if I wanted something, to call the reception on my mobile/cell phone. Except, my UK mobile/cell couldn’t find a signal from a partner network in the area. And if I could have phoned, it would have cost me £1.60/$2.50 per minute to call reception!
The bed and the facilities the Villa were fine and I would stay here again if I could have one of these, but as for the rest of it, all I can say is Hi-De-Hi and where is Ted Bovis!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

After being on Motorcycles for 5 days we looked for a place to stay with some comfort, and being away from the city traffic of Albury/Wodonga this was a perfect place to stay. we originally booked a hotel room, but were upgraded to a cabin with spa. unfortunatley the bed was not the best, and changed rooms to the basic hotel room, to our surprise was really a nicer room with a king bed and LCD TV placed in a better spot to watch from bed. The bed too needed upgrading. The reception staff gave their full attention to our needs and were interested in feedback regardless of being negative. We had a meal in the restraunt, the chef and waitress were run off their feet and 10 out of 10 for the waitress she could have been frazzeled but wasn't.. a job welll done. would stay there again, but would hope that the beds would be upgraded to a better quality.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

We stayed here last weekend, the weather at the moment is a little chilly and the resort was not at fully capacity because of the weather, however with saying that it was advertised that pool under renovation and childrens activities not going. We found the unit we stayed in was terrific, a little on the older side, however it was all that you need and was well set out. The grounds are terrific, the lake beautiful and the staff are so friendly. We had trouble with our tv, instantly the maintenance man was there, he was so nice and fixed the problem straight away, had a little chat and on his way. The bathroom is incrediable, enormous and well renovated. Could not fault the place for the price and friendliness of staff, and layout of resort.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Blue Mountains
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

We stopped over at the Lake Hume Resort, on our way to Mt Hotham for a family ski trip. We picked this location, as it had car parking at the door (we had a car filled with ski gear) and large family style rooms. We booked a superior 2 bedroom apartment which turned out to be a 'caravan park' style cabin (we were actually ugraded to a 3 bedroom 'cabin'), The price we paid for the room was relatively cheap, so we always had low expectations of the accommodation. However, the heating barely worked (we were stying in the middle of winter!) and there were maintenance issues, such as the lights in the bathroom not working...... It was bareable for a stopover, but needless to say, we didn't re-book for our stopover on the way back from Mt Hotham. To cap it all off, we were overcharged for the room we had booked and had to ask for a refund, in the price difference.

The rooms are very basic - expect caravan park, cabin style accommodation. However, the service from the restaurant and reception staff was very good and we were happy with their service. My only criticism is of the standard of rooms.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Samoa_Wedding

Travelers are raving about these Lake Hume Village hotels

Victoria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

The resort is very tired and needs a major facelift. We stayed in one of their queen motel rooms which was comfortable but they have paper thin walls, you can hear your neighbours speaking. Staff were helpful and the restaurant average.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travellerAust2
wagga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

I wish I'd seen RiverinaLouLou's review before we left but it looks like we were there about the same time. We stayed in a Queen motel room. Check-in was friendly and we were happy with our room at first look. Nice and clean with a large TV and access to Austar. However, things went downhill from there. The description of a private courtyard was misleading because it's actually a small tiled area (not fully enclosed) and not a pleasant area to sit because of an abundance of bird poo and the very noisy old wall air conditioning unit that dominates the space. Inside, the air-conditioner was also very noisy so it was difficult to use the TV with it on. We were disappointed with the state of the grounds and the facilities. The pool was clean but showing its age with missing tiles not replaced and wear and tear showing through on the bottom of the pool. There were lots of old leaves lying around on the ground and dead plants in pots, a general appearance of neglect. We had dinner in the Watermark restaurant and the staff member who seated us was friendly and brought pencils over for the kids. The waitress who served us though seemed to be having a really hard time showing any friendliness at all. The food was OK but not great and the service was pretty poor. The worst thing was the state of the mini-golf course. The kids wanted to play after dinner so we went down and I thought we'd stumbled into the wrong place. It looked like it hadn't been used in years. There was so much rubbish lying around it looked like it had been abandoned years ago. Everything from beer cans to a pair of shorts. At the point where the course was supposed to start we were confronted by a dead parrot. There were dead plants, weeds etc, and it looked like it is not being maintained at all. There were no golf clubs, balls etc. Even if there were, it was too horrible a place to hang around. There was also lots of rubbish lying on the hill behind the mini golf that backs onto the pool area. The kids had fun because of the pool etc but the lack of maintenance and the dirty grounds put us right off. A shame because it could be a good place if it was looked after.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lavatah
Riverina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

I travelled with my husband and two children, under 10. Staff at the "resort" were friendly and helpful. Our three bedroom cottage was clean and tidy, but bathroom and kitchen quite dated. The room had been made up in the wrong configuration, two doubles instead of one double and singles for the kids. Had a laundry area but washer and dryer removed. Considerable road noise although we were told it was a quite road.

Games room dated, bbq area looked like it hadn't been used in years, leaves and webs etc. The pool area, deck had some broken and cracked boards, pool was clean but spa area had many missing tiles and looked quite grotty. The childrens playground would have looked good a few years ago but looked abandoned and not used. The bench in the area had a broken seat. Had a tennis court and mini golf course but much the same. Looked like they hadn't been cared for or used in some time.

We ate at the motel restaurant the Watermark, this area was lovely, clean and tidy and the food was great with the kids catered for well.

The view of the lake was obscured by foliage.

This resort is a bit of a drive from the town of Albury or Wodonga.

We booked in advance and paid what I now realise was a ridiculous amount of money for what we got.

We would have been better off staying in a onsite cabin next door at the tourist park.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Hume Country Motor Inn
Hume Country Motor Inn
#4 of 31 in Albury
Discovery Parks – Lake Hume

Been to Lake Hume Resort? Share your experiences!