“Dinner with Friends”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our friends occasionally come here, and recommended to meet for a Friday Night meal here. They love it - the atmosphere, food and service - & so do we now! Friday night is a little busy, but we were still made to feel welcome and attended by Staff who know their trade - attentive but not missing or on the other hand intrusive - Well Done! Not unhappy with any of the meals ordered either. Great vibe too - and that comes from when you have happy repeat customers. We will come back and bring others who have not visited the Beaufort Street Merchant.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Been to this restaurants twice for lunch. They cooked steak the way I liked ( melted in your mouth)it I don't normally eat chips but I do here as they hand cut chips are too good to wasted also come with side watercress salad one word " wow" another time tried whiting fish and the same result the " best".
Good selections of wines but do not try mojitos ( maybe that particular day?) the worst ever mojitos I ever had.
Cake selections oh my please do try the orange cake sooo yummy and brownie and theirs little chocolates the list can go on ...
The seating are very close together so if its your first date don't go here. The place are busting busy good for group of friends or girls, guys get together sort of occasion.
The staffs are very friendly but not in your face, very attentive and know what they doing,knows their food and drinks( except mojitos).
Loved the decors, open kitchen so you can see what's going on in there.
Highly recommended, I wish I live close by I will go there every day.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Really cool place to have breakfast on a weekend! Very busy so book in advance! Lovely food, reasonably priced. Coffee's very small. Good friendly service. Great champagne! Bit cramped and loud. The chef dongs a bell every time food is ready so if weather permits get a seat outside!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was my first time to the Beaufort Street Merchant and I was not disappointed. From the minute I approached the entry I knew the atmosphere would be fantastic. The sense of the place spills onto the street with their casual footpath tables and chairs. Inside it was just beautiful. I felt like I was somewhere special with the dim lighting and well-chosen decorative items.

The food was excellent quality and didn't take all night to arrive at the table.

The service was top quality. The staff knew their products, were helpful and smiled.

I highly recommend this restaurant and will be back next time I'm in Perth.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Being a local of the area for 5 years or so, I have tried a few cafes around the area, but this one is the best. you can have a great coffee and a hearty breakfast, and then come back another day and have a great dinner or lunch. Their Steak is great with a side of greens. I would have to say my favorite is their Chips served with Aioli.

The menu is always changing. Great staff and as I am a local, remembering names is essential part of the customer service that many of the staff have. highly recommend it to others.