“Quality food made with love”
Review of Beaufort Local

Beaufort Local
Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in Highgate
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I dined here at the end of breakfast and just before lunch. The waiter was very apologetic and said it had to be 20 minutes until I ordered and he would top up the beverages. The staff were all smiling and the place was busy so I waited and the time passed quickly. The menu is very tempting and I decided on the chorizo, prawn and hand-made egg linguine and it was incredible! The prawns were huge and the chorizo crisp and spicy and the pasta very soft. A simple meal made very well, I can see why they were busy and can't wait to return.

The restaurant also features a bottle shop (you need to see it to believe it) and the wines on offer look good. Will be back soon!

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Friday lunch with my daughter and it was terriffic.

Promptly shown to a table and served a bottle of water and two glasses. By smiling waitpeople? We were given time to look at our menu while we sipped on a Bloody Shame which was also served by a friendly, smiling waitperson.

We ordered the bruschetta which had really tasy chorizo in combination broad beans, beetroot and fetta . Veerryy veerry nice! I had the buffalo mozzarella salad, YUUMM!,a combination of amazing flavours. Both dishes were very tasty and the chef had not scimped on all the nice goodies, we had no room for dessert :(.

For wine buffs there was a good selection of wines and cocktails.

Funky decor, friendly prompt service, a little over priced but very enjoyable,

When we went to pay the bill the cashier had NO problem with us splitting the bill, even offering to change our large bills to smaller bills to make it easier for us. Where did this staff come from. Don't they know rule of thumb in Perth restaurants is to NOT make things easy for the customer.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

always buzzing. great coffees and interesting selection on the lunch menu and yummy cakes. Staff very friendly and usually pretty efficient. Seating works well for intimate couples, gaggles of kids, the big group of ladies or whatever.

Whoever makes the crepes for their savory crepes has no clue!

Havent had dinner there, but breakfasts, brunch, coffee & cake all make this a favourite spot on Beaufort Street for us.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Love the Merchant for coffee and food. Everything is generally done well, although service can be a bit hit or miss depending on staff on the night. The floor manager is efficient and generally keeps a good watch.

On our most recent visit, we had filet mignon, pork and Spanish prawns for dinner. Everyone loved their meal.

I do tend to avoid on weekends- breakfasts are crowded and are expensive for what you get.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

The menu is simple so it's easy to choose quickly. You will have the usual favourites that you find at many other restaurants but there is an extra touch to the flavour, presentation, service and atmosphere that makes Beaufort Street Merchant a great place to eat out.

Dinner service was more efficient than breakfast on the weekends. I was suprised to get a table for two at the last minute on a Saturday evening dinner service given my experience of waiting around for breakfast. We tried the Spanish tasting board for entree and than the lamb pasta with chicken salad. It was worth every penny. We wish we had more time for desert. I will definitely take more friends and family there for dinner in the future.

Avoid breakfast/brunch on the weekends if you arrive late and/or want to eat within 15 minutes. Mind you nearly every cafe/restaurant along Beaufort Street in Mount Lawley is just as busy so stay away from the ones that are not busy. The locals in the area are affluent modern middle class and can afford to eat out. Most eat out for breakfast on weekends so they know which places to go. Go with the crowd and it will lead you to Beaufort Street Merchant!

If busy Saturday night dinner service and weekend breakfast crowds are not your thing, why not try a tasting board over some nice wine with some friends on a sunny Sunday afternoon? This is exactly what my friends and I did for our very own mini-Sunday session. We took my friend's sister who is a fashion designer from Melbourne. She can't stop telling all her friends over east about how fashionable amazing it was.

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as my friends and I do xXooo