“A different way to visit wineries.”

Horseback Winery Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Main Ridge
Bendigo, Australia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A different way to visit wineries.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I purchased the Ride and Bathe package, which includes a 3 hour ride and an all day bathing pass at the nearby Peninsula Hot Springs. (PHS were amazing, but won't include them in this review)
I have ridden before, but not for years. My boyfriend is a very experienced rider. The ride was very basic, but I really enjoyed it. I think if you are an experienced rider you might prefer the longer rides.
There were beginners on the ride too and the staff were great with them.
The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We had a great time, and bought lots of wine at the wineries.
We went to 2 wineries - T'Gallant and Green Olive. T'Gallant was so attentive and we tried heaps of wines and we ended up buying quite a lot from them. Green Olive on the other hand weren't nice at all. 3 wines tasted, and just an aura of 'I don't care'. Well we didn't buy from them. No great disappointment. Everything else made up for it.
The only thing that was different from my expectations was that I thought the actual tour might have been through the winery vineyards (this is what the picture looks like!) but rather it is along the road. In saying this, it is still very pretty scenery.
I would recommend this to inexperience riders, or people like me who haven't done it for years. We might do the bigger rides in the future... Great afternoon.

1 Thank Marie-Claire T

Melbourne, Australia
“What an amazing experience!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were very fortunate to snap up a fantastic deal on a coupon site for the ride with Horseback winery tours and bathe at peninsula hot springs.

We had some amazing weather but it was the fantastic team and beautiful horses who really made the experience magnificent. I felt so safe and know how much the team care for and love the horses. The ride is catered to a variety of experience levels, our group was a fantastic example of that and we all felt we got to push our boundaries in a very safe manner.

The wineries not only had lovely wines but also gorgeous local produce and very friendly staff.
It is so wonderful to see a thriving community of wineries, farmers and tourist destinations who support each other and provide world class products. Feeling exhausted but extremely fortunate to have had such a magical day.

Visited December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“great”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Ok, so this is a must do, the horses were very pleasant, my horse danny was great he kept rubbing his head on me. the winery part was also good, I also liked the way we rode for 30 mins at at ime and you get to rest your bum for the wineries.
this was an extremly fun day and fairly cheap

Visited October 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very well run operation”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great weather added to an awesome experience with HBWT. The horses are perfectly matched to rider's experience and the staff are so repectful to the horses (which is sometimes not the case in some riding tours). This obviuously makes for happy horses and in turn happy riders. Scenery awesome, wine stops essential. Must

Visited October 2012
Traralgon, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic day”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

One of the best experiences to be had on horseback, enjoying beautiful wines and scenic views of the Mornington Peninsular. Thank you to' April' who was our personal tour guide for the day who made the ride most enjoyable for us. Nothing was too much trouble and I would highly recommend this company mainly because of their gentle and safe horses and their professional and well organised staff. Noels Gallery was the highlight of the tour with the most amazing Pizza and wines!
Even though we purchased a Groupon deal we were always treated as first class. Cannot wait to go back and do it again.!!

Visited September 2012