“Brilliant food and exceptional service”

Ten Minutes by Tractor Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Main Ridge
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We loved our lunch at TMBT. The owner must be a perfectionist - everything was absolutely superb and attention to detail evident in everything from service, to food, to menu presentation...such a wonderful experience.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

A return visit just confirms the many visits we have had before that this is the best restaurant on the Mornington Peninsula. 10 x has now become another of Victorias destination restaurants earning excellence for an extended period of time. I wont spoil the occasion for you but just to let you know that every aspect of the restaurant is perfect. Make sure you book for this ever popular diner and you wont be disappointed.

Thank martin and chri... d
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great food, great location, great service; pick any two. That is best you can hope for from most dining experiences. But on this day, at this restaurant we hit the jackpot.

We were lucky to get in at short notice for a holiday weekend so the fates must have been smiling on us that day.

Service: There is a relaxed professionalism about the staff that is a breath of fresh air, very suitable to the stylish informality of lunch at a winery.

Food: Three of our party had the 8 course degustation while my husband opted out and selected his own 3 courses. Each of the 8 courses were excellent and while some appealed more than others, that was a matter of personal taste rather than quality, proved by the fact that we each preferred different courses. My only disappointed was in the dessert as I dislike cherries with chocolate. Fortunately the selection offered a very good soft rind cheese from Gippsland which was excellent (and a pleasure to be offered local produce). The quantity of food was good, by the end of our three hour lunch we felt satisfied and content.

Location: beautify spot on the peninsula, easy relaxed ambiance with views over the winery. I think that I noticed a fireplace which may make this a great spot winter or summer. Also, very stylish cutlery and crockery - this may not seem important but there is an extra pleasure in eating a delicious dessert with an elegant spoon.

Wine: we did not have matched wine but accepted the waiter’s recommendations, a strategy that proved worthwhile as we did not feel pressured to drink too much but enjoyed his insights into the wineries own wines. He also recommended wines other then the vineyards showing good integrity and breadth of knowledge.

Not cheap, but why would you expect something this good to be cheap. I did notice a more informal area at the front so perhaps we will try that option next. I am sure this kitchen will prepare great food where ever you are sitting.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of 7 ladies and the staff handled us very well. Service was attentive but not intrusive. We appreciated the information about each wine as it was served. Food was focused on produce and the five course degustation flowed well and the wine matches were well thought out.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My personal share of dinner was $175. Yikes!
We had degustation - 5 courses and I had the matched TMBT wines with it. We chose it because it was hard to select a meal as they all sounded so nice. Wines were five glasses of 100mls for about $75. I also shared a bottle of champers and paid my share of that.
Because of all the drinking, we had hired transport for the seven of us to and from our accomodation (my share $50!) It was recommended by TMBT (we did get other quotes) and they were great.
A few things need to be said. Do not take your children to the restaurant. The poor reviews here both come from people with kids. I have two kids myself who I eat out with all over the peninsula on a regular basis. However the style of dining and the costs associated mean this restaurant is not appropriate for kids. If I'm paying $175 for my share of dinner, I want a special adult atmosphere and someone trying to jam vegemite sandwiches into hungry kids mouths while moaning about the lack of a children's menu is really going to be annoying. You notice what other people in such a small dining room are doing.
So don't even try to bring the kids. Unless you are eating the casual menu outside, which we did one afternoon last summer. The food was great, the prices cheap and the kids were able to run around the gardens.
For our restaurant meal, the food was especially delicious, but the serves very small as is the custom in these fine dining places. Anticipating this I ate two tacos before I went and with drinking the eqivalent of a bottle of wine over dinner, I was full enough, in both senses of the word!
The staff were wonderful. Polite. A little funny. Warm and helpful. One in our group became ill during dinner (not the food, I think motion sickness from the drive up). It was no trouble to cancel the degustation after two courses were served to her and we were really impressed that there was no charge at all for our friend. That was a nice touch.
At the end, one of the waiters joined us for our group photo. It was a scream.
We spent a heap of money, but no regrets. It was a very special night, with wonderful food and a great atmosphere. I recommend TMBT if you are looking for a special occasion restaurant. Or if you're loaded you can eat there anytime!

1  Thank AustralianLucy