My family and I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past 2 years, most recently March and April 2014. It is not located on the beach or in the centre of the gold coast, instead it is about 10-15 minutes drive, which suited us and is one of the reasons we like it. The hotel is surrounded by a golf course so very peaceful and green. There is a fairly major shopping centre about 5 minutes down the road, so you won't be left out if you want to buy a few things or grab a bite to eat.
The room itself is quite nice, tasteful and modern. Shower had good pressure, although the shower screen needed to be longer as there was some water spillage on the floor. Very comfortable bed and we had two double / queen sized beds. Very clean.
There is a childen's playround, with a bouncy trampoline, and general play equipment. The hotel also has a nice adult and kids pool as well. You can also walk around the grounds.
We got a great price of $180 per night (usually $205 for RACQ members) including buffet breakfast for two as there was some construction going on at the time. Parking is free as well. Oh and there is a nice little cafe in a sunken area near the reception.
I lived in Japan for many years and still keep comparing the incredible service standards in that country to what is offered in Australia. Service ranged from reasonable to not so flash. The reception was sometimes helpful and sometimes minimally serviceable. Room service was generally fairly good, including the spaghetti (especially if it comes up directly from the Italian restaurant) and triple decker sandwich. Prices are not too expensive either. Room service staff were ok but in our last stay, we were dealing with teenagers who were quite blah about our requests and got forgot part of our order and cutlery. It was fixed up but the room service didn't seem to know what was going on. To be fair, we had no problems during our stay in February.
My family and I are happy to keep going back to the RACV resort as it is a much nicer experience than a lot of the hotels on the gold coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The RACV Royal Pines Resort stands at the centre of beautiful established gardens offering 331-stylish guest accommodation rooms and premium spa suites with expansive views of the hinterland, chic tropical pool, Gold Coast skyline or the golf course. RACV's flagship resort is a golfer's dream - offering a renowned 27-hole composite golf course and state of the art driving range, the course is proudly home to the Australian PGA Championship and Gold Coast RACV Ladies Masters. But if you're not into golf, never fear. Relax in the Day Spa, or grab a sun lounge by the outdoor lagoon pool, while the kids burn off energy on the pool's fun slippery slide or children's playground with jumping pillow, or have a hit of tennis on one of our five tennis courts. Time Out Adventures, our on-site adventure company, offers a great range of additional activities. Why not take a Segway Adventure Tour, walk on water in an Ozbobble, laugh yourself silly making a Bopping Heads music video DVD, or have a blast with Laser Clay Shooting. There's something for everyone at RACV Royal Pines Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your RACV Royal Pines Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Racv Royal Pines Hotel Benowa
- Racv Royal Pines Ashmore
- RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast, Australia - Benowa