We stayed from April 1 till the 8th. This is our second stay at Royal Pines, the first being back in 2009.
Everything was very familiar to us and the upgrade of the Executive Lounge was outstanding, making the venue so much nicer for those using the lounge area.
This visit, we had our 12yo daughter and one of her school friends for company. The girls thoroughly enjoyed the pool and OzBobble activity. I think they drank the Executive Lounge out of hot chocolates too … sorry about that Royal Pines!
We used In-room dining once and, another time, took advantage of having meals brought to the lounge. The delivered food was hot, fresh and equally as good as that in the resorts restaurants.
As Japanese food is one of our favourites, we had to try Restaurant Arakawa and, it did not disappoint.
In other recent reviews, I’ve read the comments regarding the lift noise. We did notice that, but it didn’t worry us unduly.
And, as another reviewer has commented, it might be nice to know if there’s a large function on during your stay. I must say though, that we had no bother whatsoever, despite there being a Rugby League conference event over many days, and a wedding too.
Overall, we found the staff to be very accommodating, with some being exceptional. The resort is well located, wonderfully maintained and very relaxing.
We’ll be back as soon as we get another opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The RACV Royal Pines Resort stands at the centre of beautiful established gardens offering 331-stylish guest accommodation rooms and premium spa suites with expansive views of the hinterland, chic tropical pool, Gold Coast skyline or the golf course. RACV's flagship resort is a golfer's dream - offering a renowned 27-hole composite golf course and state of the art driving range, the course is proudly home to the Australian PGA Championship and Gold Coast RACV Ladies Masters. But if you're not into golf, never fear. Relax in the Day Spa, or grab a sun lounge by the outdoor lagoon pool, while the kids burn off energy in the resort's new water park with fun slippery slide, children's playground with jumping pillow, or have a hit of tennis on one of our five tennis courts. Time Out Adventures, our on-site adventure company, offers a great range of additional activities. Why not take a Segway Adventure Tour, walk on water in an Ozbobble, laugh yourself silly making a Bopping Heads music video DVD, or have a blast with Laser Clay Shooting. There's something for everyone at RACV Royal Pines Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Travelocity so you can book your RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Racv Royal Pines Hotel Benowa
- Racv Royal Pines Ashmore
- RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast Australia - Benowa