The refurbishment seems complete. The rooms are 100% better. Comfy beds, beautifully furnished, could not fault the rooms. Although we were in a room near the elevator and so if you are a light sleeper, maybe ask to be away from the shaft. Our view was not good (overlooking a roof with pebbles) and no balconies, so a little disappointing, but most views would be incredible. (it was full house so we didnt complain)
The pools are beautiful now. The pool was heated fine (better than expected), the slippery slides are wonderful, toddler pool fantastic and the spa huge!!
The games room is modern and well equipped, playground terrific and the grounds beautiful. Take the time to walk around the resort, particularly around the pathways near the lake. the fish (HUGE) jumping out of the water are a sight to be seen.
The resaurants are lovely and the children were well received at the buffet restaurant. (buffet was worth it). The staff at the buffet restaurant were exceptional.
The service overall was good except for a rude women at the breakfast buffet one morning. We were already poolside at 9.30 and I asked for a couple of drinks, and you would think it was the most difficult job in the world. She seemed intent on making us feel uncomfortable. Not really 5 star service.
Aaron from concierge was terrific.
Would love to return. Make sure if you are from out of town, that you have a car. It is not close to the beach, Surfers etc, although they do offer shuttles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The RACV Royal Pines Resort stands at the centre of beautiful established gardens offering 331-stylish guest accommodation rooms and premium spa suites with expansive views of the hinterland, chic tropical pool, Gold Coast skyline or the golf course. RACV's flagship resort is a golfer's dream - offering a renowned 27-hole composite golf course and state of the art driving range, the course is proudly home to the Australian PGA Championship and Gold Coast RACV Ladies Masters. But if you're not into golf, never fear. Relax in the Day Spa, or grab a sun lounge by the outdoor lagoon pool, while the kids burn off energy in the resort's new water park with fun slippery slide, children's playground with jumping pillow, or have a hit of tennis on one of our five tennis courts. Time Out Adventures, our on-site adventure company, offers a great range of additional activities. Why not take a Segway Adventure Tour, walk on water in an Ozbobble, laugh yourself silly making a Bopping Heads music video DVD, or have a blast with Laser Clay Shooting. There's something for everyone at RACV Royal Pines Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Racv Royal Pines Hotel Benowa
- Racv Royal Pines Ashmore
- RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast Australia - Benowa