Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Brent E
Long Beach, California

Beautiful...Unforgettable...Stop thinking about it and BOOK IT!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 24, 2023
The Brief Version . . . (for the impatient)

Our recent two-week stay at Sansara was nothing short of incredible. We were blown away by the beauty of its location, which allowed us to escape the chaos of city living. The staff at Sansara are outstanding and went 110% to make us feel at home. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like locals and made to feel incredibly welcome. The rooms are very stylish and well-appointed. The menu was a culinary delight, with options to suit all tastes and dietary requirements, and the attention to detail was impressive. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our stay and are already planning our return trip.

The Not-So-Brief Version . . . (for the inquisitive)

LOCATION: For us…the travel included a 6-hour flight from Los Angeles followed by a 6-hour drive from the airport. The idea of that long of a drive after collecting your bags at baggage claim might turn some off right away. DON’T LET THAT HAPPEN. Yes, it’s a bit of a grind to get to Cambutal, but when you get there . . . you’ll appreciate WHY it takes a little extra travel time. Mike, Janel, and the whole Sansara crew have built a beautiful, relaxing, inspiring boutique resort where you will fully engage all the local "feels" and all the unique enjoyments ONLY felt in the type of environments a place as one-of-a-kind as Sansara can offer. Black sand beaches, warm ocean water, nature all around you . . . Sansara is paradise.

ACCOMMODATIONS: As you’ve most likely observed, this is a small resort. We were able to walk through several of the rooms and get a feel for their unique aspects. I’ll let you search out other reviews for other rooms, but as for us…my wife and I stayed for two weeks in Casa Zen. Casa Zen is one of their few suites. It is, in short, a one-bedroom apartment with a full kitchen, breakfast table, sitting area, huge bed, massive bathroom, vaulted ceilings, and an enormous, extremely private, ocean-front backyard with a private swimming pool. We take “tropical” trips at least once a year. We’ve stayed in one-bedroom suites at places like Four Seasons Punta Mita, Esperanza Cabo San Lucas, the Imperial Suites at Finest Playa Mujeres Cancun, (and others). I mention all that to say…this was our favorite. Ever. (drop mic here).

FOOD: This is an all-inclusive resort, but it’s not a “grab sloppy nachos at 2:30 PM” type of all-inclusive resort (though we like those too 😊 ). Here, you’ll get three great meals a day. The food at Sansara is clean and delicious. Healthy, local, thoughtful, and, like I said, extremely tasty. Their kitchen staff knows what’s up, and their bar is on point. Breakfast comes with a menu of items to choose from (eggs, breakfast burritos, smoothie bowls, avocado toast, etc.). Lunch is the same (tacos, a variety of bowls with fish, chicken, vegan, vegetarian, etc.) Dinner is planned by the chef every night…and every night is amazing! You’ll never be hungry (but if you are…there are 5-6 local spots just down the road, which are open for biz every day).

STAFF: This particular category stands out in my mind. The staff is like a big family. They are locals who love their town and are excited to share it with you. Sitting here right now, I could easily name ten staff members with whom I had meaningful conversations. They are some of the friendliest people you’ll ever meet, and they’re eager to see you have an amazing experience. From the front office to the restaurant staff, to the adventure team, hosts and hostesses, surf crew, yoga crew, house-keeping crew . . . my hat is off to all of them…thanks for making our stay so special!

VIBE: Relaxed. Easy. Restful. Social. Bring your friends or meet new ones. We left our time at Sansara feeling like we had made amazing connections with people we had only known for a few days.

SAFETY: 100%

SPA: Amazing therapists who will make an already relaxing time EVEN MORE RELAXING. Treat yourself. You deserve it!

GROUNDS: Lush. Green. Well-kept. Natural. The perfect blend of garden and jungle. The grounds crew works hard to keep things looking and feeling amazing.

FUN: Lots to have! Yoga was always an amazing way to start the day. Several surf spots are a walk or bike ride away. Some other spots require short transportation, but the resort will taxi you to and from for a small fee if you don't have your own car. They have a quiver of surfboards for rent (good ones, too!) In fact, when I saw their line-up, I decided not to pack my own. I chose from their boards depending on the conditions and had a blast. Lots of beach walks. Lots of exploring. They also have free beach cruiser bikes for you to take out and SUPs for paddling around the ocean out front (free of charge). Sansara has a cool little pool that overlooks the ocean, which is a great place just to kick it or get to know others. Simply put, you will have as much adventure or chill as you desire.

In conclusion, 😀 — Janel, Mike, and the team have created a spot you will never forget. It’s SO unique. I hope you go. I hope you get to see it with your own eyes and experience it in your own way. We can’t wait to get back to Sansara. We’ll be daydreaming about it until that time comes!

Much love to the Sansara crew!!
Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
0.2 miles from Sansara Surf & Yoga Resort
YOU LIKE PINK?

We love Colors. Thats why all our Rooms have different color moods. Visit us in Cambutal
0.1 miles from Sansara Surf & Yoga Resort
        $25
      18.3 miles from Sansara Surf & Yoga Resort
      Beachfront
      View more hotels in Cambutal
      All reviews panama city surf yoga top notch attention to detail five star every meal incredible staff remote location an amazing place waterfall hike ocean waves life changing experience delicious food out of this world exceeded my expectations get away from it all hidden gem
      Selected filters
      Reviewed April 24, 2023

Sansara is heaven on earth - incredible service, great healthy food, amazing remote location, and awesome ambiance. The combo of the beautiful yoga shala and surfing lessons available everyday made for an ideal vacation to try something new and relax. The staff memorized my name and made me feel right at home. I want to go back asap!

Room tip: Sansara offers bikes to ride around the town and I highly recommend you bike past Sansara towards more beautiful remote surf spots!
      Date of stay: April 2023
      • Trip type: Traveled solo
      Reviewed April 1, 2023

Once again, my stay at Sansara was magical. I attended a Brain Health retreat with Dr. Annie Fenn and Stacy Fisher and loved every minute. There were fascinating lectures about how to keep your brain healthy to minimize the chance of getting dementia or Alzheimer’s and daily yoga, MELT, and movement classes. Sunrise jogs on the beach are a personal favorite, and the food cannot be beat. I have a severe food allergy, and the chef made every meal for me safe. I can’t wait to return!

Room tip: You will not be disappointed if you choose to visit Sansara. Be sure to try some of the amazing adventures put on by Azuero Adventures!
      • Trip type: Traveled solo
      Reviewed March 28, 2023

My stay at Sansara was one of my favorite vacations ever. It has everything you could want for relaxation right on site and it’s right on the beach. The atmosphere is both relaxing and exciting at the same time, the rooms were very comfortable, and the food was unbelievable. The staff was what really made this place special though. They are so personable and willing to help you with whatever you need. I highly recommend Sansara to anyone, even if you’re not big into yoga.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
      Reviewed March 20, 2023 via mobile

This was our second visit in 2 years with a yoga retreat. Lots of sun, surf & yoga with many other options if you want. The surf school is unique and accessible for all. The teaching philosophy is awesome.
      We are ‘foodies’ yet felt the meals were a gourmet treat- every meal! The flavor explosions are so well crafted, unique and generous in portions.
      The staff was dedicated, detailed & super attentive.
      Casa Zen was our home for the week…. A retreat within the retreat.

Room tip: Don’t be put off by the bus ride. It’s worth every mile! And the bus and staff are wonderful.
      Trip type: Traveled with friends
      Reviewed March 19, 2023

I did a weeklong yoga retreat to Sansara. Everything was incredible. The staff was particularly amazing, going above and beyond for everyone in our group. The food and drinks were some of the best I’ve ever had at a resort. Not to mention the stunning rooms. I highly recommend staying in one of the villas with a pool - it is nice to have the option of swimming with others or the privacy of our own pool. Overall, I can’t recommend Sansara highly enough. We had a five star experience.

Trip type: Traveled with friends