“Absolutely Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Cambutal B&B and Inns
Long Beach, New York
“Absolutely Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Luna Negra was an absolutely amazing place to stay! The owners were so incredibly nice and helpful, that it was hard to say goodbye. I am still dreaming about the delicious breakfasts that were being served, especially the amazing fresh fruit smoothies! What a way to start the day..I definitely recommend Luna Negra...nothing but good vibes!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I camped out at Luna Negra for two weeks in May and had a great time. They prepare really amazing food, the best in the area. Anita, Aaron, & their local staff were very welcoming hosts. I would definitely go back.

USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our trip to Luna Negra was amazing. Delicious food (fresh caught tuna, ceviche, rice, beans, banana bread, mangos, pineapples, homemade yogurt), great spear fishing (world class directly in front of Luna Negra) and surfing (point breaks, slabs and beach breaks) await you in Cambutal. The roads from Panama City are paved the entire way and the owners and staff on the premises were helpful, hospitable and worked tirelessly to ensure we enjoyed every moment of our vacation. They provided screened, air conditioned casitas with private baths and a safe place to call home for your vacation. I highly recommend this spot.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have traveled extensively in Central America but this was my first trip to Panama and to Cambutal. I am totally hooked and would not go anywhere else for future trips. Luna Negra is an oasis of central america. Relaxing, Secluded, Safe & Beautiful, everything you need for a vacation. By a factor of 10 they have the best dining available within 50 miles... this is not a joke. Off the charts meals! Accommodations were perfect, as were the friendly staff. Surfing.. also amazing, we surfed 5 days of overhead surf with no one else out but our group. I also did a short 2 hour spearfishing trip right of the beach and absolutely crushed it. Pargo, Triggerfish, hogfish, Grouper.. and my deepest freedive was 45ft :)

Don't think twice. Just go

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was in Cambutal for about 10 days in March, visiting a friend. I did not stay at Luna Negra, we only went there for dinner. They had limited evenings open for business at this point in the year, but we made sure to dine there every evening possible. The hummus plate was simple but fantastic! The first night my friend and I shared, but by the second visit we learned that each of us needed our own. I can also recommend the fish tacos and the grilled shrimp/broccoli skewer. Delicious. And beyond the wonderful food, the atmosphere is very open, comfortable, and friendly. Aaron and his staff are very warm and helpful. A must stop if you get to Cambutal!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was at Luna Negra in the "off" season last October. Even though it was a bit rainy my stay was comfortable. Aaron was very accommodating to make my visit a good one.
I was in a cabin very close to the ocean. It is heavenly to go to sleep to the sound of the waves.
My first night there the turtles were hatching. This was an incredible experience and added to the magic of Cambutal.
The beach is so secluded. I only saw a few people riding their horses to work. Looking forward to not only returning but one day living in this beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank qjoan
Dryden, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Last time our family was in Panama was 4 years ago. Luna Negra was just the beginnings of a dream, for Annette (the owner). We stayed in a tent on the beach (2 adults, 15yr old, 12yr old, and 9 month old baby) at Luna Negra! I can't express how friendly the owners are or how welcoming the lovely Panamanians are! This is the ultimate family adventure vacation spot. You can have surfing lessons, hiking/walking, deep sea fishing, horseback riding etc.

Now, looking at their website....its AMAZING how much landscaping and work they (Annette and her son Aaron) have put into this place!! And the restaurant....mmmmm can't wait to try it.

We are heading back again in December of this year and already have our deluxe camping booked! If you want to experience this gem....book ahead of time. You won't find another place like it!!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambutal
Beach Break Surf Camp and Hotel Playa Venao
Sansara Surf & Yoga Resort
Surfcamp Guanico
Surfcamp Guanico
#1 of 2 in Tonosi

Been to Luna Negra? Share your experiences!