“Lovely experience”

The Green Olive
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A great place to meet, share and eat, starters are a mix of mezze, antipasti and tapas, with mains being pizza, souvlaki and paella, topped off with gorgeous gelatto.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

An impromptu visit late one Saturday afternoon. What a lovel experience, attentive staff, lovely food and nothing was too much trouble. Will definitely repeat the experience!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been to this place several times and every time is just better and better. Love the decor, the food is so tasty and fresh and the wines are exquisite - the service is magnificent!. I would definitely recommend this place for a romantic meal, celebrations and more. They also have outside tables which is really good on summer time. I simply love this place!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I chose Greek for my 50th birthday celebration with the family. There were four of us.
We arrived at 7.30pm on the hottest day of the year so far - midweek - and the car park was virtually full. That was the first surprise.
We were greeted by the maître d' who was pleasant enough but could have been much more so. We were asked if we'd like to sit inside or out - we chose out and proceeded to sit at a table that we thought was too small. It wasn't until he came out a few minutes later that he put two other tables together for us that we settled. To my mind he should have showed us to a table to prevent this happening.
Unfortunately I wasn't feeling 100% so the meze i'd been looking forward to wasn't for me. We had olives and an aubergine dip as appetizers and i'm told they were excellent as was my husband's fish cake starter.
For mains two had Stifado and couldn't believe how delicious it was. My son had a tiger prawn dish that he really enjoyed. I could only manage one sardine from the starter I chose as my main but it was very tasty.
Throughout the meal we were unfortunate enough to be waited on by the newest member of staff who managed to spill a coke - just missing my bag - and dropping cutlery. He was very sweet but should have been better trained.
My mischievous daughter had arranged to sneak in a birthday cake so that arrived with three waiters and a sparkler and all the restaurant patrons seated outside sung Happy Birthday to me - it was a great surprise and they didn't mind doing it even tho' it meant we had no room for pudding!
I'd like to go back again and try the meze selection as it did look good.
So my husband who was very doubtful of my choice of Greek was won over all in all.

1  Thank Tricia0763
Reviewed July 16, 2013

There is a very nice outside seating area in the front and a small car park at the back but there is plenty of nearby parking. Décor-wise, not Greek but pleasant and new. Good attentive service. The meze was very good and mostly home made. Small and interesting wine list, but we stuck to the New World. Price-wise, a bit on the expensive side for a non-London restaurant but definitely worth a visit. There was a constant stream of patrons and some had to come back later for a table so obviously popular.

1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The food was fantastic the wine went down a treat staff lovely wasn't dear took my partner there and as every time we go couldn't fault anything parking at the back safe and secure wish we had better weather so we could have sat outside as patio area is lovely.