“Good food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gladstone

The Gladstone
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
North Wales, Uk
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I had stopped off here a few weeks back and had a very good meal so when looking for somewhere to eat on the way to a show at Venue Cymru we decided it would be ideal.
We arrived at around 5.30pm and had not booked as we thought it would be quiet that early in the evening but it was already very busy.We soon got a table and our meal arrived about 10 minutes after placing our order which was good going considering how busy it was.
All four of us had ordered something different and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals and could not find fault with anything.
We will definately be visiting the Gladstone again.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Williams015

Llanfairfechan, United Kingdom
“Poor food, rude staff, nice drinks.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had been here for lovely drinks many times before the latest refurbishment (when it was more of a pub feel, now it is far more restaurant-like). This was the first time that we had eaten. I ordered duck off the specials menu and my friend ordered a pie and a pint (it was pie night). The duck was horribly overcooked - grey and tough as leather, I struggled to cut it. It had this bizarre topping too which was obviously a reheated portion of cheap mixed frozen fruit (soggy strawberries, raspberries and grapes). This was priced at £13.95! When I complained the waitress was very nice and suggested I order something else and that a pie would be the quickest option. Well, despite my friend eating as slowly as she could she had long finished before my new meal arrived. When I had enquired about the whereabouts of the meal to a different waitress she was snappy and rolled her eyes at me!

The pies were fine, the accompanying chips were rubbish and a side salad with a pie is a bit weird. For £10 each including a pint though this was all OK.

On the positives, the drinks selection is good, the Banda Azul Spanish wine is delicious and the beers are always nice.

We will never be eating here again, but will probably drop buy for the odd drink.

• Visited September 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Nice meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went to Gladstone on way home from Manchester. It's really convenient, just off the A55 and well lit up,5 minutes from Conwy towards Anglesey. We were on a bit of a hurry and had to wait a long time for our meal, probably a good half hour++ which is fine as it's home cooked food but a bit of a pain when you're in a hurry. I had the Special which was Chicken Kiev and dauphinois potatoes and fresh veg. The chicken was good but the potatoes were far too greasy, swimming in fat although really hot. My daughter had a burger which was slightly over cooked and 5 chips and salad. Meals were expensive for what we had but there again I keep going back. The chicken Kiev was over £13! Waitresses were polite and pleasant.

• Visited October 2012
cardiff
“Nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Nice food, nice surroundings, nice staff! Lovely views over anglesy, puffin Island and the Great Orme! Nice to have a drink there in the evenings.
Room s look very nice although i have not stayed there.

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Glad, not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

This pub / restaurant is large and open plan, and when full is quite noisy.
Also, when full it is rather chaotic, including:
- One starter (in our group of 5) arrived quite a while after the others,
- The main courses (ordered together) arrived about an hour after the starters,
- Glasses of red wine, ordered to eat with the steaks arrived when we had finished eating,
- Desserts were different from those ordered.
However, the staff were busy and apologetic, while the food was very good and reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2012