“Best Birthday EVER aboard Kiote!”

Kiote Sails Private Charters
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Coral Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Sailing in Coral Bay St. John VI
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I decided to treat myself to a vacation on St. John for my 40th birthday. I spent five days with Captain Jimmy. This was my first time on a sail boat. It was amazing!
He took us to many beautiful snorkeling spots,Virgin Gorda, West Dog, The Indians, Jost Van Dyke and last but not least, The Willy T! WOW!!! I suggest you plan a trip and book your own amazing sailing adventure with the very experienced Captain Jimmy on Kiote today!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"hurricane hole"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our family of four thoroughly enjoyed our private full day sail with Captain Jimmy and First Mate Roberta. It was our first sailing experience and the reassuring expertise of Jimmy and Roberta made it a memorable one. We were treated to a relaxing sail, exciting snorkeling at 2 lesser-visited locales, tasty food and beverages, good music, and the pleasant company of our hosts. We particularly enjoyed the opportunity to take the helm to help sail the Kiote to our destinations. The coral at Flanagan Island, the mangrove at Hurricane Hole, the fish at both locations, trumpeting the conch horn, Jimmy's infectious laugh, Roberta's enthusiasm as a snorkeling guide ... This was one of the highlights of our trip to St. John.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My charter with Jimmy on his sailboat was definitely the best part of my stay on St. John island. He took me and my family to some great snorkeling spots, where there were absolutely no other people! He also brings along awesome co-pilots who know a lot about the coral reefs and their inhabitants. They showed us really cool things on the ocean floor and even brought up starfish and other harmless creatures for us to see up close.

Sitting on his boat was also beautiful! He's a skilled sailor and will even teach you how to sail if you want! He is also a great conversationalist and will tell you a tale or two about his life on the ocean. Overall, I can say this was the best thing I did on St. John during my vacation! Definitely recommend going on a charter with Jimmy. :)

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Captain Jimmy and First Mate Roberta gave our family a terrific afternoon of sailing and snorkeling. Jimmy is a very experienced sailing Captain. Each of the kids had the opportunity to steer the sailboat - which was one of the highlights of the trip, for sure.

We were able to snorkel in a location that is not accessible by car or trail, so the reef was completely undisturbed and teeming with ocean life. This was the first time our kids snorkeled in deeper water, and Roberta made sure they felt extra-comfortable during the experience.

Hats off to Captain Jimmy for a truly wonderful afternoon!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I chartered a private sail with Jimmy and his first mate Brita on the beautiful Kiote for our anniversary and it was the best day of our vacation on St. John!! Jimmy took us on a relaxing sail in Coral Bay and around to the Sir Frances Drake Channel past LeDuck & Flanagan Islands and into Newfound Bay - absolutely gorgeous- we were the only boat there and not another soul to be seen. While first mate Brita and I snorkeled a gorgeous and very healthy reef - saw huge brain corals - lots of soft coral - purple fans - tons of fish - several large turtles - hubby stayed on board Kiote chatting with Jimmy. When Brita and I returned to Kiote, Jimmy had prepared a beautifully displayed and delicious late lunch - he even grilled some sausages on a grill mounted on the boat! We popped 2 bottles of champagne and really enjoyed chatting with Brita & Jimmy. They both had stories and great facts about the VI's, the sea-life and local characters and lore, etc. I even got to steer Kiote for a bit - lots of fun!!! We highly recommend Jimmy & Kiote for the best sail on St. John and hopefully you'll get lucky and have Brita as first mate and your snorkel guide!!!! We will definitely sail with Jimmy on our next trip to STJ. P.S. Jimmy - if you read this - we watched the full moon sail from our deck!!! You all sounded like you were having a blast!!