“Homemade roti not that store bought stuff!!”
Review of Ekaete Pink Corner

Ekaete Pink Corner
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Coral Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Asheville, North Carolina
“Homemade roti not that store bought stuff!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Roti is homemade and awesome and the curry goat was some of the best we have had in years so tender and delicious. This is the best local fare we have found in 15yrs coming to St John.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MKS0

“The best food on the island!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Ekaete in my opinion had the best food and the best service.
The food gave me a little of home away from home. The employes had great attitude towards us customers and I would recommend it to everyone who vacations here

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Adamminott
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real home away from experience.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I from Jamaica came to St. John to spend a week and Ester and her daughter Alicia made our 2 dinner nights at Ekaete worth the trip. The food was excellent! They were so friendly, making you feel right at home. The homemade passion and lemonade was delicious! The homemade ice cream was perfection. On the second night she cooked everything on the menu for us (a party of 10) to eat and enjoy from. You must visit this restaurant if you ever come to at John! I've never been shown that type of hospitality anywhere.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ilovefoodandpassion
Woodbridge, Virginia
“The Drive Was Worth it!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My friends and I were on a day trip to St. John as part of our 5 day vacation to St. Thomas. Wile on St. John, we wanted to dine in a local restaurant, so we asked around and the name that kept coming up was Esther's. We were given directions, but took a ring turn and ended up almost where we started. But we were determined to find Esther. What we didn't know was that the restaurant's name is actually Ekaete Pink Corner, and the owner/cook is Esther. My friends and I enjoyed the ribs and oxtails. I enjoyed my passion fruit drink. I really wanted some ice cream but was too full. Esther and her daughter made us feel so welcomed; I loved the atmosphere and Steve, Esther's pet sheep. Thank you

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Leobiker
“What an Authentic Treat !”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We live in Conn. USA, but I am originally from Trinidad and Tobago. The food and flavors served here are genuinely authentic and took me right back to my childhood with the meal we had - curry goat, sweet fried plantains, soursop punch, passionfruit juice. Our 5-year old is a picky eater, but he had the coconut rice and cleaned his plate. My humble thanks to our chef. We dined outdoors and I worried at first about the heat, but it was kept at bay by the tents and there was a in e breeze. Service was quick - it was 4 of us and a large family party was leaving as we were seated. We intent to return to have the Johnny cakes.

• Visited July 2013