“A real home away from experience.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ekaete Pink Corner

Ekaete Pink Corner
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Coral Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real home away from experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I from Jamaica came to St. John to spend a week and Ester and her daughter Alicia made our 2 dinner nights at Ekaete worth the trip. The food was excellent! They were so friendly, making you feel right at home. The homemade passion and lemonade was delicious! The homemade ice cream was perfection. On the second night she cooked everything on the menu for us (a party of 10) to eat and enjoy from. You must visit this restaurant if you ever come to at John! I've never been shown that type of hospitality anywhere.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ilovefoodandpassion

Woodbridge, Virginia
“The Drive Was Worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My friends and I were on a day trip to St. John as part of our 5 day vacation to St. Thomas. Wile on St. John, we wanted to dine in a local restaurant, so we asked around and the name that kept coming up was Esther's. We were given directions, but took a ring turn and ended up almost where we started. But we were determined to find Esther. What we didn't know was that the restaurant's name is actually Ekaete Pink Corner, and the owner/cook is Esther. My friends and I enjoyed the ribs and oxtails. I enjoyed my passion fruit drink. I really wanted some ice cream but was too full. Esther and her daughter made us feel so welcomed; I loved the atmosphere and Steve, Esther's pet sheep. Thank you

1 Thank Leobiker
“What an Authentic Treat !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We live in Conn. USA, but I am originally from Trinidad and Tobago. The food and flavors served here are genuinely authentic and took me right back to my childhood with the meal we had - curry goat, sweet fried plantains, soursop punch, passionfruit juice. Our 5-year old is a picky eater, but he had the coconut rice and cleaned his plate. My humble thanks to our chef. We dined outdoors and I worried at first about the heat, but it was kept at bay by the tents and there was a in e breeze. Service was quick - it was 4 of us and a large family party was leaving as we were seated. We intent to return to have the Johnny cakes.

1 Thank VonettaRR
St. Thomas
“Caribbean meal choices yum yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Lunch meals are put together in a much unique way. when I think about spinach, tomatoes, green onions, thyme, green peppers and more put together expertly so that none overpowers the other in taste when meat is added to a dish of curried chicken or goat I always want more...

An excellent hang out spot and getting better since my last visit

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank karewins
Mahwah, New Jersey
“ICE CREAM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The homemade strawberry mango ice cream is delicious!!! Chunks of strawberries and mangos...YUMMY! Homemade smoothies, fresh fruit ... definitely worth a ride to Coral Bay!

1 Thank Marialynn38