“Absolutely a must !”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely a must !”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

While on vacation my niece and I stumbled upon Ekaete Pink Corner in Cruz Bay after a long day, so we decided to stop and have lunch.
What could I say delicious, delicious, delicious!!!!!! The food was authentic and freshly prepared; we were so impressed that we had dinner there every night for the rest of our vacation. We had the Salmon, lamp chops, curry goat, BBQ ribs/chicken etc. and were not disappointed in the least. The atmosphere was laid back but elegant. The service was incredibly nice and attentive. We also got to enjoy the homemade ice cream, drinks and smoothies, that we were told were all made from local tropical fruits and made fresh everyday right there in the restaurant. I would recommend anybody visiting the island of St. John’s to definitely stop by to have their taste buds stimulated with the varied beautifully prepared cuisine served at by Ekaete Pink Corner. If and when I return to St. John's I certainly know where my family and I will be eating.

7 Thank Suzette E

Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Super unpredictable hours”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were staying in coral bay for 10 days and I think we saw it open maybe 3 times. Stopped once for a guava smoothie. It was tasty but really sweet. Maybe the food is good but it was never open during times when we could eat. The lady was nice though.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank John_and_Autumn
Pennsylvania
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Based on reviews I read here I knew we had to stop when we saw that the pink corner was open. Stopped one day this week for ice cream. Had the nicest chat with Esther , the owner, and met Steve, the lamb!!! Ice cream was delicious. We could not decide between mango and guava so she gave us both! Tropical and wonderful.
We went back yesterday for more ice cream. I had the same but husband had a banana milk shake. Said it was fabulous! So on our way back from beach we stopped as she was closing up and brought home a rib and a chicken dinner. Sooooomuch food,so tender, so fresh! She had just picked the her herbs for vegetables! Again,delicious!!!
Her hours depend on the weather and the people she said. Her work ethic is incredible. Seven days a week and three meals a day. She said she brings three outfits with her each day. Also met her husband and daughter. Lovely, personable family. We loved chatting with all of them!
We will be back and will recommend!!!!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank CosmoLady
Toronto, Canada
“The best on the Island”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My cousin and I visited the breath taking island of St John"s during the week of April 22-29, 2013, I ate the majority of my meals at Ekaete's Pink Corner resturant in Coral Bay, one thing I must point out is that the location is perfect and you can"t miss this beautiful pink building. I loved Esther's Oxtail (meat was very tender, well flavoured, and mouth watering), curry chicken very tasty, on my next visit I will try curry goat (my first time). One evening for dinner we had a well seasoned and delicious Salmon, I loved the plantain as a side (I am planning on making some soon). Esther on April 28, made soft, round Johnny Cakes, I ordered salt fish on the side which I was blown away that it was not "salty" (hence the name salt fish). I enjoyed the local drinks passion fruit and lime which was my favourite. I also tried Esther's smoothies, and local ice cream they both were extremely refreshing, and perfect for the hot weather.
Overall I would recommend Ekaete's Pink Corner for anyone who visits the Virgin Islands (in particular St John's) and is looking to taste delicious home-cooking, you will not be disappointed. The service was excellent, Esther's and her daughter are both friend and very professional, I can say that they truly made me feel at home and welcomed. I give Ekaete two thumbs up............

3 Thank Sheila M
Moretown, Vermont
“Serendipitious visit brings delicious home-cooking, fantastic service, local flair”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just the sort of restaurant my family and I were desperately seeking while on St.Johns - something unique and off the beaten path. And in all my planning and research, a place that I had not written into my itinerary. Learn from me and don't pass this special place by!

In search of ice cream after okay-enough burgers from Skinny Legs, my familyl stumbled upon Ekaete's at the (only) corner in Coral Bay. Ester, the proprietress, won us over with her effervescent and bubbly personality (not as common as you'd think on an island as beautiful as St.Johns) and her Sour Sop ice cream, made from the local fruit of the same name. Deservingly, her ice cream has been voted the best on the island.

We ate here immediately the following night, enjoying such local culinary delights as goat stew, chicken curry, veggie roti, and a beautifully seasoned salmon. My teens loved Ester's cooking and a visit from Steve, her daughter's baby sheep. We were baffled why her restaurant wasn't bursting with people: certainly folks can tear themselves away from the better known Coral Bay restaurants and give Ekaete's a try. You won't be disappointed.

3 Thank snowyknoll