Review Highlights
Sad News- Boat is destroyed by Hurricane

Apparently this special facility was crushed by the Hurricane Irma. The yellow pontoons are... read more

Reviewed February 18, 2018
Steve46772
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Highlight of vacation

I made sure we would plan a day to visit Captain Peter on Angel's rest. We snorkeled S. Haulover... read more

Reviewed June 8, 2017
Buckeyesnorkeler2
Raleigh, North Carolina

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 28, 2012

What can we say. Short swim out in glorious blue water to the friendliest bar on St. John. Peter was great and his choice of bay is spectacular. After a delicious rum punch and some great local conversation, we dove into the cove to swim back to our car. Two hours later heading toward the ferry to St. Thomas, we realized that my sunglasses had been on my head when I dove in to swim back.

After re-crossing the island, and swimming back to Angel's Rest and were able to spot the sunglasses in 20 feet of crystal clear water below the bar. With Peter's help and some of his snorkel gear, we recovered the submerged treasure and were back on our way with memories of a little island hospitality.

Date of experience: November 2012
1  Thank ABLiving
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I went to the Angel's Rest website and my antivirus detected a Trojan that tried to install itself from the website. I can't comment on the quality of the charter since I haven't been a customer, but beware of the website!

Date of experience: October 2012
1  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

The other reviews say it all: Peter is a hospitable, intelligent and witty guy. He knows every snorkeling spot in the east part of stj. If you tell him your group drinks Italian wine only he will accommodate you. He's a gem in a world where tourists often, alas, get taken advantage of.

1  Thank hungrytraveler0
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is one of the coolest, must visit island bars. It is what Willie T's once was. Much better that White Bay. I captain the catamaran Magewind on day sails out of Coral Bay and always finish with a visit at Angel's Rest. Guest love it and sometimes ride back with him. Peter goes from Coral Bay to Round Bay/ Vie's Beach just about every day weather permitting. If you call him, you can ride with him. He leaves 12-1pm and is back in Coral Bay before dark. You can hang out with him anchored just off the beach and drink like a fish, swim with the fish, bake on beach like a fish and if you get hungry you can eat fish at Vie's along with all kinds of great food. The crossing back to Coral Bay with the sunset in front of you is fantastic!

Date of experience: May 2012
1  Thank Magewind
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is a real must do. We met captain Peter at Coral Bay and he took us out for several hours on his house boat. His hand crafted boat a real labor of love. We took a nice tour that brought us to great spots for snorkeling. It features room for six with a sun deck, wet bar and a real cool glass table that shows off a direct view under the boat. Captain Peter is a really nice out going guy who's only interest was making sure his guests had a great time. He took real pride in the whole trip. I feel if you are on St. John must meet Peter and spend the day while he shows you a great time.

Date of experience: April 2012