“Words can hardly describe this incredible villa...”

Review of Bay Rum Breeze

Enjoy your vacation
Relax on the pool deck or swim in the  pool The cabana bedroom has a king bed.  Each bedroom is air conditioned.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Enjoy your vacation
Relax on the pool deck or swim in the  pool
The cabana bedroom has a king bed.  Each bedroom is air conditioned.
The great room has comfortable seating, satellite TV, DVDs, wifi
The gourmet kitchen is fully equipped
The lower bedroom has 2 twin extra long beds
The view as you shower
Each bedroom has an en suite bathroom
Trunk Bay
The cabana bedroom has a king bed.  Each bedroom is air conditioned.
The upper bedroom has a king bed
Gourmet kitchen, indoor dining and comfortable seating
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
sesmarks
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Words can hardly describe this incredible villa, and we can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

You know how you see the professional pictures of where you're going to stay on vacation, and often you're disappointed when you arrive because it's clear that Photoshop and other tricks were used to make the place look better? That is not at all the case with Bay Rum Breeze. The pictures are beautiful, but it looks even better in person! And not even Tropical Storm Issac could put a damper on our trip in this villa. My husband and I stayed at Bay Rum Breeze during the storm, and even though half of our week was rainy, we still had an amazing time.

First of all, the house is immaculate! The wonderful owners have taken the big things and the little things into account, and they clearly want their guests to be comfortable. Everything is new and so clean. We had all the amenities we needed and more. We cooked several meals at home, and found what we needed every single time. The a/c in the bedroom was appreciated on warm nights, but the rest of the house gets a nice breeze and was quite comfortable even in August. Also, I am extremely sensitive to mosquitoes. Normally they seek me out no matter where I am, but at BRB, the breeze was so perfect and refreshing, it seemed to keep the bugs at bay. I never saw a critter in the house with the exception of maybe a moth that followed us in.

And if you're at all nervous about the adventurous drive to the villa that people have mentioned in other reviews, trust me - it's not bad at all. It's two minutes on a bumpy road to get to and from the villa so you should drive a 4-wheel drive vehicle, but the rest of the way is paved and marked well, and it even has street lights. (We have stayed in other villas where the "adventurous drive" was downright scary at night. This is not the case here.) You're right near some of the best beaches in the world and it's an easy 20-minute drive to enjoy the Cruz Bay area, but you're also high atop a hill and can feel like you're the only people in the world if you desire. We really enjoyed the peace and privacy.

If you've found Bay Rum Breeze and you're deciding on where to stay on St. John, look no further. Check in to this amazing villa. Go grab a pool float from the closet outside, connect your iPod to the outdoor sound system, select a good summer playlist, and relax in the pool with a cold drink nearby. Repeat daily.

Sigh, I missed it the moment we drove down the hill.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We enjoyed the location, the pool/hot tub, the peace and quiet.
Liked least: The bed/mattress squeaked a bit - that is literally the only thing I can think of.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers Families with young children
bleug79
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great view for a great vacationing place”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

We stayed at Bay Rum Breeze in a group of five (two couples plus one). The house was ours for a week after a quick run-through of all the features of the house and we had a blast. Beautiful view down towards Hurricane Hole and the smoothie stand practically around the corner as well as Maho Beach. Great stay.

Liked best: The view
Traveling group: Friends
Families with young children
NY
Reviewed July 2, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
CarolinaN...
Kernersville, North Carolina
“The Most Relaxing Vacation Ever!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

From the moment you enter the front door of Bay Rum Breeze you can feel that wonderful, welcoming breeze coming up from Coral Bay to greet you. We found the villa extremely comfortable and the kitchen was well-stocked with everything we needed for the little cooking that we did. The welcome basket from Jake & Sam Deli was very much appreciated! The views were outstanding either from the pool deck, the sitting areas outside each bedroom, the upper deck, from the outside showers or just looking out each window. I am such a photography buff and the picture-postcard photos that I managed to take of the villa, Coral Bay and its surrounding islands, the various bays from the East End to Chocolate Hole to Great Cruz Bay along the Westin Resort to Cruz Bay and the north shore beaches were out of this world! We can never get enough of the beautiful water and beach at Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay. We enjoyed some wonderful meals at Mongoose Junction, Morgan Mango's, Cafe Roma and the High Tide Restaurant and what breath-taking sunsets to top off a great meal!
We really enjoyed grilling lunch or steaks for dinner one night! The hot tub was perfect...perfect temperatures and perfect views, also.
Our most favorite thing to do while at Bay Rum Breeze was to spend the day just relaxing in or by the pool, reading our favorite novel, working on our tans, enjoying some rum and coke, listening to 101.3 R & B and just "chillin!!" We just kept saying, "it just doesn't get any better than this!"
Thanks, Ellen & Gary for allowing us to share a slice of your paradise...if only for a week!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool area and the spectacular views!
Liked least: The rough and hilly road getting to the villa!
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
NJ
Reviewed January 14, 2012 for a stay in December 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Justmakei...
“Slice of paradise with nonstop views”
Reviewed January 2, 2012 for a stay in December 2011

I had seen the gorgeous online photos, so I thought I knew what to expect. But Bay Rum Breeze exceeded my expectations and just blew me (and my family) away. The location and the views are awe-inspiring, and the villa is the perfect place to enjoy them from. It is fresh and solid and clean, and very well-designed, from the covered veranda to the beach equipment closet. We loved the feeling of spaciousness, and everyone, from teenage daughters to type-A husband, found their own nook to relax in. My husband spent hours lazing on the veranda with his kindle, my daughters shuttled between the pool and the hot tub, and listened to their ipods on the outdoor speakers. The kitchen is well-stocked -- I never reached for a utensil that wasn't there, and there were plenty of plates and glasses and silverware. We all got a kick from of the outdoor showers, complete with postcard views and big fluffy bath towels.

When we first arrived on the ferry dock, we were met by an excellent greeter, who walked us over to pick up our rental car, and then led the way out to the villa in his car. It was great to have his help (especially because there was a glitch with the jeep rental), and then to have his tour of the villa, showing us things we might need to know. I wouldn't have expected that extra service, but I was really glad to have it.

All in all, I can't imagine a better rental place, and -- first day home -- I've already started scheming how to get back to Bay Rum Breeze soon.

Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
Jan 1, 2012
We're glad you and your family had a great vacation and we hope you'll come again.
Gemaroo
Manlius, New York
“An amazing villa on an amazing Island”
Reviewed December 11, 2011 for a stay in December 2011

Just got back from another great stay at Bay Rum Breeze. This was our 2nd time staying there and it was just fantastic. I love the location; quiet and peaceful, yet not far to Coral Bay and even to Cruz Bay where we usually went for dinner. Close to excellent beaches (we went to Maho, Trunk, and Haulover where we snorkelled). The villa has the most amazing view of the British Virgin Islands... To wake up to this is just heaven on earth. The villa still looks brand new (it is only 1 year old) and it really has the feel of luxury with beautiful granite countertops in the kitchen and bath and the most amazing tile on the floor and in the showers. It is well maintained! And I love the furnishings- everything is so nicely decorated and coordinated. We used both the pool and hot tub (what a treat to have a big hot tub to use after a day of hiking on the Island!). The villa is definitely spacious and there are so many different rooms to hang out in. I love this place and can't wait to go back!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Feel of luxury the villa offers/ the amazing view
Liked least: I can't think of anything!
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing