“Exceptional villa perfect for a couple”
other travelers have booked this property
Villa Siempre Azul-private, intimate, lovely
Beautiful, gated and paved entrance to villa Tropical plants up the drive
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Villa Siempre Azul-private, intimate, lovely
Beautiful, gated and paved entrance to villa
Tropical plants up the drive
Siempre goes SOLAR
Native stone BBQ & wet bar
Swinging on the hammock under the  palms
Lounging on the 'point'-
View from the balcony
Balcony Beauty
Updated kitchen and dining area
New stainless appliances
custom mahoghany bath
New heavenly mattress
Spa -aah
Nighttime in the spa under the stars
Spa and fabulous outdoor shower
Sea, Sailboat, Rainbow
Siempre lights the night
Sunrise at Siempre
Another beautiful day in paradise...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
54b
Dallas, TX
“Exceptional villa perfect for a couple”
Reviewed June 20, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

Chris Boyd, the super responsive and helpful owner of Siempre Azul, bucked the big villa trend on STJ and created an experience perfect for two people. I call Siempre Azul an experience rather than just a villa because Chris really has thought of everything....from the way the villa is designed (1-1 that feels like a 2-2) to how it's positioned on his manicured plot on the peninsula near Friis Bay – the villa faces East to compliment the view of the sunrise and mitigate the heat of the sun in the afternoon – to all the little extras like the outdoor shower, outdoor dining area and the patio chairs on the observation deck on the tip of the peninsula (perfect for drinking coffee and watching the sun come up over the BVIs).

Important items people renting villas usually want to know:

- Extremely easy to get to...located right off the road that heads out to Salt Pond and easy walking distance to Miss Lucy's restaurant, 3-minute drive to closed grocery store and all Coral Bay restaurants are a 10-minute drive or less...about 20 minutes to Maho, about 40 to Cruz Bay)
- Very private and secure...electronic gate guards the driveway to the rear, a big wall and huge hill to the right, a salt pond to the left and the entirety of Coral Bay out front
- Bed is very comfortable, good mattress
- Kitchen has everything you'll need, no ice maker but the freezer works really well and he has 4 big ice trays that fill a cooler easily
- A/C in the bedroom but actually ends up cooling down the entire villa including the kitchen and TV area very quickly
- Water pressure is very good (indoor and outdoor showers)
- Hot tub is new, easy to use and very clean...has a perfect view too
- W/D's are new and work well
- Beach chairs, noodles, coolers and some fins for snorkeling
- Last but least, an outdoor vacuum for getting sand out of your jeep...this is huge for people who rent jeeps from places that up charge for sand removal

Whether you're on your honeymoon or could use another honeymoon, if you love STJ, you'll love Siempre Azul. You smile the whole time you're there because every time you think, "you know what I would have done if I owned this villa or you know what would be nice to have right about now," Chris has already thought of it.

Your age range 35-49
Jun 22, 2017
I appreciate your detailed review. Sometimes I would second guess myself about creating and maintaining all the small stuff but when a guest takes the time to write such a positive review about everything that makes it all worth while.
Thanks and come back again,
Chris Boyd - owner/builder/manager
Doreen Z
Grantville, Pennsylvania
“Welcome to Paradise”
Reviewed February 19, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I have found my favorite place on St John.
I could write 800 words about this place.
Instead I will give you 8:

Seimpre Azul made our holiday perfect. Stop looking.

Feb 20, 2017
Thanks for the nice comment. Come back again as most of my guests do. Have a great 2017!
ninatina0...
Houston, Texas
“Paradise”
Reviewed October 26, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Siempre Azul was the perfect place for our honeymoon! After the hustle and bustle of planning a wedding and getting married, it was a blessing to find such a beautiful and tranquil place to unwind and celebrate our union. The views were beyond imagination and the property itself, situated on a cliff overlooking the Caribbean was breathtaking. Chris is truly a master of his craft, which is evident in the details of the villa, from the stonework and landscaping to the exposed wooden beam ceilings--amazing. We also appreciated how accessible and informative he was throughout our trip planning process. And, his house manager on the island Gwen was magic- great lady! We'll be back (:

Oct 27, 2016
It is my mission and pleasure to ensure you an amazing experience. The hard work is all worth while when I read a review yours. Come back again soon! Thanks
rum_monke...
Hickory, North Carolina
“Made for an awesome Honeymoon!”
Reviewed July 15, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We spent our honeymoon here and I am at a loss of words how happy we are choosing to spend our honeymoon and first ever trip to STJ at Siempre Azul. It made our stay perfect. First Chris, the owner, is so easy to work with and very accommodating. Without him and his on-island manager Nancy, the experience here would not have been as good as it was. He did everything he could to make sure we had a comfortable stay. On day 2 there was small issue with the A/C unit. I emailed Chris about it and we left for a few hours to explore. When we arrived the problem was fixed! Him and Nancy jumped on it so quickly. You don't find that type of service just anywhere. We were forever impressed.

We absolutely LOVED the house and the property. The house was perfectly sized for a couple. It was clean and well maintained. The listing description does not do this property justice. This house is a treasure in Coral Bay. Prime spot and private like no other. Being on a budget, we were thrilled to be able to afford to stay at this villa. The view is spectacular. We ordered food to go a few times and sat on the balcony and ate and made our own drinks in the blender which worked out great. What a great spot to be in Coral Bay as well close to Miss Lucys restaurant and all. The property is so private we liked that it had a gate, felt much more secure.
I think the outdoor shower was our favorite part! The privacy of the property made the outdoor shower so wonderful. We used the indoor shower the first night and then discovered the outside shower and used it the remainder of the trip! That fact alone will bring us back to this property in the future. Man, who knew taking a shower could be so exciting.

Another thing that I loved was that we had access to the garage area to store beach equipment and there was even a shop vac down there with an extension cord so I was able to vacuum the sand out of our jeep every evening! How fantastic is that having a fresh jeep to start each day?! Also used it to vacuum the house mid-week. Not something that Chris advertised but I truly appreciate it and hope will be there next time.
Washer and dryer worked out great allowing us to pack light and clean our clothes and towels throughout the week.
Coral bay area occasionally loses power temporarily. We did lose power two times during the week for an hour or two.Not a big deal though.
We can't wait to get back here and spend another week. Its the perfect home for an active St John vacation.

Liked best: outdoor shower
Liked least: losing power
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 15, 2016
Thanks for your review. It is a constant team effort to try and exceed your expectations, hopefully we delivered the goods. Enjoy the rest of the summer and come back and see us again.
Chris Boyd - owner/builder/manager
Derrick M
“Couples Vacation”
Reviewed July 13, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Siempre azul was amazing! The location was great with an oceanfront view it was truly breathtaking. Chris was great throughout the payment process with communication all the way up to our arrival dates. Gwen was very nice and thorough on showing us the place and all the utilities. We would definitely be coming back to St. John as soon as possible, it is truly a very special place.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jul 14, 2016
Glad you enjoyed the house. It is a team effort to ensure that your stay at Siempre Azul is full of great memories. Please come back and see us again. Chris - owner/builder/manager
FDR1958
Madison, Wisconsin
“Possibly the finest vacation rental anywhere -- simply perfect”
Reviewed February 27, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Upon return from our vacation, when asked to give it a rating, I said "99 out of 100". The one point reduction had nothing to do with the place, but was because at my age I was not mentally ready to have stayed at a perfect place. Everything else from now on would be a let down. A 99 gives me incentive to keep vacationing. I checked the reviews before I booked and they were uniformly great. I can say that everything others said about it were all true. There is nothing I would change. The structure is an architectural masterpiece. The design and execution, the carpentry and stonework, are all the best I have seen. It was built as a labor of love. It is clean and there is no sign of any deferred maintenance. Everything worked as it should have. We used the grill and the kitchen was better than ours at home. The air conditioning was nice, but the ocean breeze set the mood. Chris has gone out of his way to provide extras, like beach chairs, a cooler, charcoal, just about everything you need to make for a perfect time, (including bug spray and suntan lotion)

And I dare say you will not find a more picturesque location. I won't take time here to talk about St. John, (fantastic), nor about Coral Bay, (quiet and wonderful). You can read about the beaches elsewhere. I am happy to write this review because Chris deserves accolades. He is responsive to questions. Everything he told me was as he said. Honestly, I want to go back every year and stay here. To that end, if I was selfish, I would try to discourage others from coming. That would decrease demand and maximize my chances of renting when I wanted and at my price. But that would be wrong. This place is so wonderful other people should have the chance to experience it. I very well may be back in 2017, and every year thereafter. I just hope get my next reservation in before everyone else discovers this perfect Caribbean get-away.

• Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Feb 28, 2016
thank you, it is rewarding that someone appreciates all the work it took not only to build the place but to keep it in tip top shape. I strive to make sure that all my guests get what they deserve, a great vacation.
Karrieb
Boston
“At Last Paradise”
Reviewed January 17, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

At Last and Paradise are written in coral pieces in the tiny garden in front of the villa and come from the beach below the villa and this sums it up. Wonderful place, exactly as other reviewers and exactly as the owner billed it was. Very romantic even for those of us married for 38 years, clean, well equipped, convenient (no long nasty dirt roads to maneuver) and its on our favorite side of the island which is Coral Bay. We absolutely plan to stay there on our next trip to STJ. NOT a place for families, only for a couple.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Conveniece of location and privacy and views
Liked least: Tiny cactus in far corner of property which hurt alot when I stepped on it
Your age range 50-64
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing