“Good Food at Reasonable Prices!”
Review of Aqua Bistro

Aqua Bistro
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Coral Bay
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I stopped at the Aqua Bistro for lunch after a day of hiking at Salt Pond and Drunk Bay. The relaxed atmosphere was nice - the bar was crowded so we grabbed a quiet table in the back. Service was a little slow but hey, we're on island time, right? Big props to the cook - he had our order ready quickly and when the waitress didn't come to pick up/deliver our food, he did it himself. I had the grilled chicken sandwich and fries and my mom had the grouper sandwich. The portions were generous and tasty!
Overall, I recommend this place for a tasty and fairly priced lunch!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family of four had lunch here and really enjoyed the experience. We had the conch sandwich, the grouper fingers (both well fried and crispy outside but light inside), the jerk chicken sandwich, and the tomato & crab bisque with Caesar salad. All of it was delicious, and our drinks were good as well. Service was friendly, and the covered outdoor patio was attractive. Wish we'd skipped Skinny Legs for our first meal out and come here instead.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We walked down the hill to Coccola from our rental house and saw the sign for Aqua Bistro. There is an outdoor bar out in front of Lily's store where their sign is; we were looking for a quiet wind-down dinner after our travel day and passed it up once because the folks at the bar were loud and partying. After looking at the other possibilities we decided to walk in on chance and found the little open dining area in a garden setting behind the bar and a small kitchen in the back. We were seated and began to get that relaxed island feeling. A couple of drinks, then ordered the fresh catch swordfish jerked with mango salsa and mushroom risotto; wife had chicken pita with fresh salad instead of fries. Kudos to the staff and the chef for excellent attentive care and cuisine. The salad was fresh and crisp as was the grilled chicken in the pita but the swordfish was perfectly cooked with the mango in the salsa balancing the jerk spice. Topped off with a slice of Lime-in-the-Coconut cheesecake and coffee, life was good. Spoke to the chef with compliments on the way out. Prices aren't cheap and I'm not wealthy but do yourself a favor and don't miss if you come to St. John - you get your money's worth. I'll be back again before we leave!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Living in St John, I have to confess that Aqua Bistro sees us more than any other restaurant... And as rental villas managers we're always happy to recommend it to guests who want a great dining experience while here. Getting seated to ponzu tuna night on Fridays can be a challenge as this has become a very popular island event but all other days are fabulous as well, try the macadamia-encrusted grouper for instance. Aqua Bistro will be one of the highlights of your stay!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great food, but inconsistent. Appetizer mussels were great. Crab stuff portobello was ok - highly suspect it was frozen and not fresh crab meat. My pre-teen boys ordered a Rib eye steak for $36.00. It was absolutely charred! For $36.00 steak, I would expect it better. Mahi was excellent. Most of the appetizers are priced approx $10-15. Entress $20-40. Pretty limited dessert choices. Wine selection wasn't bad with all reasonably priced bottles ( mostly all under $50.00). We had a very pleasant, mostly attentive waitress. All in all, I guess it's good for St. John standards.