“Water view bar” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aqua Bistro

Aqua Bistro
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Coral Bay
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Annapolis, Maryland
“Water view bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great location, social scene, and menu. Service was good. Happy they were open during the quiet season. Perfect relaxing afternoon!

Visited September 2012

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Very good seafood in Coral Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I had a lovely meal here at dinner last night. We dropped by based on the reviews and weren't disappointed.

We started with drinks at the bar. There's a great view of the boats in Coral Bay, right across the road, and there was a delightful breeze off the water last night. The bartender was casual, but friendly, and suggested they had a fresh swordfish as the dinner special that was worth trying -- so we did.

We started with conch fritters, which are always a good tet of a kitchen, I find. These were very nice -- hot, fresh, nicely spiced, tender in the center, and crispy on the outside. Then we both had the swordfish. It was a very large portion, with a nice mushroom risotto and some asparagus. The swordfish was perfectly prepared -- well-cooked, but juicy. I had the Ponzu sauce, which I heartily recommend. My wife had the Piccata sauce, which we didn't like as much: it was a little thick and unexpectedly, slightly sweet. We also shared a bottle of wine, which was nice and very reasonably priced.

Service was good, attentive, and friendly. We'll be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing food at Aqua Bistri”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed on the Coral Bay side of the island at the beginning of July 2012. Aqua Bistro was one of the closest restaurants, so after reading good reviews here we decided to give it a try. And we totally loved it!

We came there for dinner on Wednesday. I ordered that night special - locally caught swordfish - and my girlfriend had scallops. The swordfish was exceptional - best I ever had in my life! It was tender and juicy (rare for a swordfish that is usually quite firm) and melted in my mouth. It looked so good that my girlfriend decided to try it. She is allergic to fish and has only once tried swordfish before with pretty bad consequences. I was quite nervous (closest hospital is on the other end of the island), but to my amazement she did not have any allergic reaction whatsoever! She liked it and ate half of my portion.

I asked the chef - MJ - if they will have the swordfish special the next day. They did and we came there for dinner again. This time my girlfriend had the whole swordfish for herself. I had macadamia crusted grouper that was also very good.

MJ told us about the ponzu tuna special that he offers on Fridays. Given the excellent food we had two nights in a row, we decided to stick with the place and came there for the third dinner. The tuna was amazing! My girlfriend ordered the swordfish again - I asked MJ to save one serving for her on the previous night. She did not want to trade it for anything since she generally can't eat fish at all. But then, inspired by the swordfish success, she felt adventurous and tried the tuna - again, no reaction! So she ended up having most of the tuna.

Thanks to Aqua Bistro and MJ my girlfriend started eating fish, at least swordfish and tuna. I guess they were so fresh that they did not trigger her usual reaction.

The place is unpretentious, but charming, especially after dark. MJ is a great chef and a cool guy - you will enjoy talking to him, he has few stories to tell.

They also have good rum-based drinks at the bar which is also the place where Coral Bay locals hang out, so if you want to meet the islanders, this is the place. Everybody is friendly and happily share tips about the island.

I highly recommend Aqua Bistro - you will not regret it!

• Visited July 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
“Great food in Coral Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Awesome food. We ate there three times and each time we ordered something different. All awesome!! Hats off to the chef!!

Crown Point, Indiana
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I both enjoy good mahi. Here we both had magi sandwiches, one jerked and one grilled which were up to par! We also enjoyed my first crab cake! The sauce it came with was delicious!

Visited July 2012