“Great food in Coral Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqua Bistro

Aqua Bistro
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Coral Bay
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Slidell, Louisiana
“Great food in Coral Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Awesome food. We ate there three times and each time we ordered something different. All awesome!! Hats off to the chef!!

Crown Point, Indiana
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I both enjoy good mahi. Here we both had magi sandwiches, one jerked and one grilled which were up to par! We also enjoyed my first crab cake! The sauce it came with was delicious!

Visited July 2012
Cleveland OH
“Lunch time visits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had lunch at Aqua Bistro twice while passing through Coral Bay. Nice place to eat, good atmosphere. First time - Chicken fingers and fries for the children, fried grouper and grilled mahi sandwiches for mom and dad. All were good, although the chicken fingers were cooked using fish batter, which our children are not used to. Sandwiches were good. I opted to replace the regular dressing on the mahi with the chipotle. Kicked it up a notch. Second visit - We were looking forward to the flatbread pizza and it was not available as they were using the oven for prime rib. That was a big disappointment, especially for our children, who opted for the chicken fingers again in lieu of anything else they would consider appetizing. All in all it was good, but would have been happier the second time around with the pizza.

Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mind Blowing Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I ate here during a storm, and the staff didn't skip a beat! The food was off the charts, especially the buffalo wings (which was a surprise). Get the banana bushwhack if you like frozen drinks!

Visited August 2012
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Maybe we caught it on a bad night?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I visited this restaurant based on the trip advisor reviews as well as other recommendations during our visit to St. John. We showed up on a Sunday night, there seemed to be very little action due to it being off season. We quickly found a table and commented on how nice the outdoor restaurant was. Beautiful plants, nice surroundings, etc.

We were impressed by the menu and found ourselves having to decide because everything looked so good! Drinks were ordered, they were delicious. I had the rum punch, my wife had the lime in da coconut. We noticed that our table was the only one that didn't have a lit candle in the hurricane vase...we asked the hostess if she would light it for us and she quickly replied, "it won't stay lit because it's windy". My wife and I kind of looked at each other thinking, well, maybe try? If we didn't have a candle it wasn't going to kill us. Moments later, the hostess came by and lit our candle...maybe she felt bad? On to dinner.

We started out with conch fritters. They were as tasty as any other conch fritters I have ever had. Entrees were next. My wife ordered the down island grouper with mango salsa, mushroom risotto and plantains...I ordered the Parmesan crusted grouper with LOBSTER risotto. Both dishes came with asparagus.

When the plates came to our table, our jaws dropped! They were the biggest pieces of fish we had ever seen at a restaurant! Heck, we got our money's worth tonight!!! Then we started to eat it.

Both were fried, which we weren't expecting. Both had asparagus, which was canned, I'm sure of. Mine was missing the LOBSTER risotto- it had the same mushroom risotto that my wife had and both were just so-so. Not bad, not great- we were kinda disappointed. Maybe we were just thinking of something else, who knows. It was a shame to butcher such a nice piece of fish!

Any who, our server was great, her name was Christy...very charismatic, friendly, on top of things. Our mediocre meal wasn't her fault, she was tipped nicely.

I'm just thinking that we caught this place on the wrong night...we might try it again before we leave.

Ps- the candle stayed lit throughout our dinner....

• Visited August 2012