“Loved it!”
Review of Kiki Hostal

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Larga
Kiki Hostal
Ranked #3 of 25 Playa Larga B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“Loved it!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a lovely stay here - Kiki and his family went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay. This was by far the best Casa we stayed in during our trip to Cuba. They had beautifully clean rooms with a well stocked fridge and private en-suite. The food was wonderful, and there were a few little extras around the house that you didn't find in other Casas (a chess set, some magazines in English etc). Because we were there at New Years Eve and many things were closed, Kiki personally drove us down to Playa Giron for a day of snorkeling. They even made us a special dessert to celebrate New Year's Eve.
I especially liked the fact that they made sure all the costs of our stay were clear up front (some of the other Casas weren't clear about prices for meals/trips etc so that we constantly unsure how much we were paying for things).
Note that one of the rooms is up a steep spiral staircase, so if you are mobility impaired, make sure you ask for the downstairs room when you make your booking.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed only one night here and it was absolutely wonderfull! We had the upper room, a spacious one with a very nice view on the ocean. It's clean, modern, silent airco, good food, friendly owners. What do you want more? Best casa we had in Cuba.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed her for two nights in the room on the first floor which was perfect, clean and spacious. The casa is located at the beach and the view from your private balcony is great! Kiki and his wife are very friendly and the food was just perfect. We have stayed in several casa's during our trip through Cuba and this was the best food we have had!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this casa and the owners! We went to Playa Larga for the snorkeling and got to enjoy the lovely hospitality of the couple running the place. You can contact the owners directly if you wish.
Phone: 45987404; Cell: 53112712; Email: kikirentacz@gmail.com
So where to start? First off, this place is spotless! You get amazing views of the area from the upper suite with its private terrace overlooking the Bay of Pigs. The casa is located directly on the beach. Mr. Kikki, the owner who can speak more than one language, is very willing to help you with arranging excursions in the area or accommodations for other areas in Cuba. And the food! We enjoyed two suppers and two breakfasts here. The wife is a wonderful cook and we enjoyed food here far better than what we had in the all inclusive hotels. Not to mention the price of the food was very reasonable. After all, at our all inclusive we were charged $25 for a lobster tail. At Casa Kikki we ordered two lobster suppers for $10 each and were pleasantly surprised to receive 3 lobster tails! Each meal we had, even breakfast, came with a large spread of side dishes all very well prepared. Highly recommend this casa.

Room Tip: Best view is from the upper room with the terrace
Riga
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I didnt come with many expectations to Playa Larga but that was by far the best surprise during the trip in Cuba and most of the credit goes to Kiki and his house. The small city and the beautiful quiet beach gives a much better feeling how the Cubans actually live as there is noone bothering you or welcoming in his souvenir shop, it is very relaxing place. And the best part is that beach is 3 meters from the house, the location couldnt be better!
Kiki and his family were friendly and we had some good talks with Kiki as he explained a little bit about Cuban life. Also the food was great with huge portions! Definetely try the crab meat as this was the only place in Cuba where we had it offered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The location is great, the house is clean and the cook does deserve compliments. I would recommend if you were just passing and in need of a bed for the night. However, if you are looking friendly family and atmosphere this is not the house. I did not enjoy my stay beyond the first night and felt over charged. Just to give one example, I requested breakfast which came over 40min after the requested time meaning that I didn’t have time to eat it before I had to promptly leave to dive excursion, nevertheless I was charged for the pleasure. Of the five casas I stayed during my visit to Cuba this was chockingly unfriendly and I was left to leave the house even without the courtesy of a good buy or a thank you.

Room Tip: only the top room has the sea view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank trippertrekker
Joriol D, Propietario at Kiki Hostal, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I´m so sorry about the way you felt at my house, my words can´t change that. We are a family and our house is a family house too. We rent the house 365 days each year, we get problems like everybody, I don´t remember exactly the day you have being here, maybe I wasn´t at home, I have 3 children, sometimes we are not at the house, I have to take care for my family, beside I have to guarantee all the things need it for to give a good service in our house. I know this not your problems, I´m just telling what could happened. There´s something else, in our house just me speak English (not so good) when I´m not at home the staff afraid to speak with foreign peoples because the language. It happen too, we receive travels from everywhere (different countries, different languages, different ways to think), we receive the travels, we explain the things we think they need to know it and we keep out because maybe they need Im place (space) to take a rest or whatever they want. For us the most important thing, the first it is the way you feel in our house, I love to speak with the peoples, I have not lunch´s time or dinner´s time when I´m speaking with some guest.
Any way I give you thanks, since I read the comment I´ve spoken with everybody at home, and it´s the only one bad comment we can change it, we can work about it. There are many travels that have being here, they know I´m a friendly people, that´s why the comment touch me very close.
It´s not enough but I say I´m sorry again, Kiki.
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We spent a night at this hostal and also had dinner. It is a great place to go, directly at the sea. It is clean, nice spot, nice swim. And in the evening, have a treat by Kiki and his wife. They provide a great dinner. It was too much for the four of us. Fish, meat, vegetables etc.
So, in a few words, go there and get the upper room for the adults and the lower for the kids.
And the next day, wake up with he sound of the sea!

Stayed May 2013
Memories Jibacoa
Memories Jibacoa
#1 of 3 in Jibacoa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,666 reviews

Been to Kiki Hostal? Share your experiences!