“No coffee!?”
Review of El Gallar Do

El Gallar Do
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed March 3, 2018

I went today for an express coffee at midday an the answer was terrible: "We don't have any kind coffee in our menu" ... What? A restaurant, sorry, a cuban restaurant without coffee? No way.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed November 21, 2017

Right at the entrance to Pinar del Río, is El Gallardo Restaurant. The food is exquisite, with a variety of more than 100 dishes that includes international food and Italian food. An excellent treatment, an exclusive decoration. The perfect place for a special night.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed October 17, 2017

I'm Cuban born, so I know my food, this place is white linen service, honest drinks and really good food, i had the ropa vieja (Cuban shredded beef with onions, peppers and lime) with rice and beans, my cousins had the fried chicken, we all had drinks and the bill came to something like 35 USD. Expensive by Cuban standards, but for us visiting, dinner for 4 with drinks for that price is very inexpensive.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed February 8, 2017

Cubans never want guests to go hungry! Take your appetite with you for a full meal with lots of choices.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed July 6, 2016

El Gallardo is very central and easy to find, the service is good and the atmosphere relaxed when we went. There are at least 2 dinning rooms and a long table in the open-air backyard. We were hungry and had been recommended this place as the best place to go for honest, local eats, and it was. Simple, home cooked dishes in industrial quantities. I had the pulled pork and she the beef steak, both excellent and neither of us could finish. They marveled when I pulled out my Yucateca Habanero Sauce and put it all over my fried Yuca and white rice... The bill was 11 CUC with 4 beers, desert and coffee. Well worth it!

Date of visit: February 2016