We just got back from 5 days on Langkawi. In advance, we just booked one night at La Pari Pari, because we wanted a nice beach resort with an ocean view - but couldn't decide on one based on online info.
Upon arriving at LPP we were actually pleasantly surprised by the calmness of the place, the super friendly staff and the great room (see all the previous reviews). After spending the night we rented a scooter and spend a day touring the island and checking several resorts. There were some good ones but none of of them matched the atmosphere of LPP, its great location or its stadd and we realized we wanted to stay there and didn't regret booking three more nights!
BUT, a few tips though as LPP is not on the beach and has a tiny pool.
1. rent a scooter (or a car). LPP staff knows the best place for this.
2. just go to a different resort each day. The best beaches are private, but if you say you come for lunch or drinks, they'll let you in and you can enjoy the resort! We especially enjoyed Tanjung Rhu Resort and The Datai. They both have superb food and the prices are much lower than you'd expect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the island of Langkawi, Malaysia, La Pari-Pari provides guests with the luxury of a secluded, intimate setting - right in the heart of the Pantai Cenang and Pantai Tengah district. Our hotel has only 12 rooms with private courtyards spread over one-and-a-half acres of lush gardens, ensuring guests can always count on the personal attention from our friendly staff and a peaceful hideaway to retreat to after a long day of vacationing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your La Pari-Pari Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Pari-Pari Langkawi Pantai Tengah, Malaysia