“Awesome!! So coming back!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Pari-Pari Langkawi

La Pari-Pari Langkawi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Awesome!! So coming back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

LPP is like going to a friend's place and they happen to have rooms for you to crash in... the atmosphere is fantastic - a delicate balance of warm and non pretentious service, yet with abundant electric charm! Where else can you wade in the pool, and request for 80s music while you cajole the staff to play charades with you?! And they actually accommodate! The rooms are very practical & comfortable, with large bathrooms that you actually LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING THAT SHOWER... when does that happen on a holiday?! The restaurant is so homely - food cooked to perfection. Thank you LPP for being simply awesome!

Room Tip: Don't worry about room locations. It's so well-planned that all rooms are in the 'premiu...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank DaBugster
Karina B, Owner at La Pari-Pari Langkawi, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear DaBugster

Am glad you had a good time at La Pari-Pari. The hotel and restaurant are in many ways home to all of us who work here and we like getting to know our guests - in fact, many have become friends.

As for charades... well, we must admit you two were a little hard to resist - after watching you both attempt a round or two of charades in the pool, it was kinda hard for us not to jump in and contribute! :-)

Do come back soon OK?? We miss you!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed there few weeks back.

Pro's :
Large bathroom.
Clean rooms and beds.

Con's :
No toilet roll provided!
No toothbrush provided!
Size of a kids pool! It looks much smaller in size compare to the pictures.
No pool towel service! They expect you to RE-USE the towels for shower and would CHARGE for EXTRA towels.
Room aircond took a while to function.
OVER PRICE RESTAURANT!! Even kl serve's cheaper food for that kind of place.
LOUSY BREAKFAST! ( Only 2 piece of bread and butter, one muffin, a piece tiny piece of fruits ) that's all??? For the price they charge per room, you could get better breakfast at a motel along cenang beach.
Please do not stay in room no.6! It's creepy and scary because the rooms are facing the jungle.
The grass at the garden look like a jungle.

In conclusion, expensive! Overprice place! Un helpful! And secluded place. The place looks like white houses build on a piece of jungle.

Please don't be fool by the reviews below.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank rpmjunkie
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We must admit, as a small, specialised accommodation choice, we may not be to everyone's taste. Generally, we are probably better suited to folks who want something different from the cookie-cutter chain hotels and enjoy natural surroundings a bit more than built-up concrete environments.

We are a little puzzled however as to why you were not provided with toilet rolls - we replenish those daily in every room and guests who require extras have always been obliged.

Re: the towels, please be advised that we are guided by our ecologically oriented principles, and this extends to our linen policy. While we change linens and towels every other day, to reduce water and energy wastage, we are happy to oblige guests requests for one additional towel change a day, as we understand that folks will want fresh towels after a swim. Any further requests are chargeable, as we want to encourage guests to make more considerate decisions during their vacation with us. We live on a small island, with very limited resources, so every little bit counts. It is very important to us that we help preserve the island's natural resources, as part of our way of ensuring that its beauty remains.

As stated on our website, every room comes with complimentary Continental breakfasts only. Again, this is to limit possible wastage - we provide guests with a standard Continental (toast, fruits, muffin, coffee/tea) and encourage those who would like something extra to order it from our a la carte menu. We try very hard to keep our rates competitive by offering the basic amenities and giving customers the option to pay for any extras they may individually require, instead of averaging the costs of a few customers' requirements at everyone else's expense.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Tucked away from the road this little gem of a place really should be kept secret. If everybody knows about it it'll be fully booked when we want to go back.

Room Tip: There would not be much difference in selecting a room, they would all be equally great.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rumahputih
We're sorry you only got to stay just one night too!!

I was actually looking forward to having a bit of a chat with you, as you were one of our first guests in the beginning of our operations. But I think my schedule didn't permit at the time :-(

I do hope you will come back some time, so we can catch up and I can say thank you properly to you for being so kind and staying with us in our early days :-)
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Honestly, before my staying in La Pari-Pari, I suspected some of the great reviews for this hotel were written by someone related to this hotel. But after 2 nights staying there, I can say all those good comments are real!!

I fell in love with La Pari Pari in the first sight because of the relaxing atmosphere (white decoration, open air restaurant beside the swimming pool) & the friendly staff. Well, the word 'staff' did not describe best. They're more like my friends. After day of outing, sitting in the restaurant having a glass of cocktail, fish & chips & chitchatting with my new friends was the best moment I had in Langkawi.

Okay let me talk about the things that usually people concern when selecting a hotel. La Pari Pari does not locate right beside the beach, but close enough. Pantai Cenang is a small area so no matter where the hotel is you can't be too far away from anything in the area. The room is spacious & clean. The restaurant - Fat Cupid - is wonderful. No matter you live there or not, it worth to go just to have a drink or meal.

I'll definitely stay with La Pari Pari again if I go Langkawi again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HKGTravelLover
Hi!

The feeling's mutual - we too felt like you were our old friends by the time you left! :-)

We are glad we managed to make your stay in Langkawi a pleasant one and hope you both do come back some day!!! Either that or we'll just have to come and visit you! :-)
KL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had read quite a bit about La Pari-Pari even before I arrived but what I didn’t expect was how much larger the rooms were. I’m not sure what the built-up is but the layout of the room is such that there’s a large area for the wardrobe, luggage and fridge, which I reckon is probably about quarter the size of the whole room. Sure beats walking crab-like in some standard hotel room. An open space clothes rack in lieu of a big bulky cupboard got both my thumbs up. And the bathroom? If I could do a cartwheel, I’d be able to do 3 quite comfortably!

But the charm of La Pari-Pari is not just the place itself but the people running it, and a HUGE thank you goes to Karina, Jacky, Jeremy and the whole team at both La Pari-Pari and Fat Cupid for making us feel soooo at home. I have two major complaints though - Tried as I did, I haven’t been able to satisfy my nyonya sambal prawns craving since I got back to KL; and I haven’t had that completely-dead-to-the-world sleep I had there since I left La Pari-Pari. Which only means I’ll be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank retrochick
Thank you for your lovely review.

And yes, the sambal prawns and comfy bed will both be here awaiting your return - along with our entire crew! :-)

We hope you'll come up and stay again with us soon - I miss our chats by the bar :-)
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Thank you so much to all the folks at La Pari-Pari for the wonderful hospitality, warmth, humour, and mad fun.
I've not enjoyed a holiday this much in a very long time. And it's testament to the power of this place and the special people who work here, that the knots in my neck and back began to relax within minutes of arriving.

Would I recommend a stay at La Pari-Pari to others? The selfish part of me says "Don't do it, you won't get a room there in future."
But a little winged creature on my shoulder says, "Share the love. There's plenty to go around."

Go find your bliss in this place. I did.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank GShalini
We're glad you had a relaxing time with us. We have to admit, we actually believe there is a little bit of magic in the place, hence it's name :-) I personally don't tire of looking out at our garden every evening as the sun sets - it's one of my favourite views and am glad we got to share it with you.

Do come back :-) We miss you!!!
Subang Jaya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

The first thing that hits you when you reach Lapari-pari are its whiter than white walls framed against the crystal blue sky. The resort is tucked away from the bustle of Pantai Cenang yet near enough to walk to the sea. The pool is small but endless. Karina, the proprietor, is a smart, friendly cookie. Ask her to guide you through the cube-in-a-dessert mental model. You’ll send hours thinking about your cube.

Lapari-pari is unlike other resorts in Langkawi. There is something about the way it looks, the feeling it exudes and its aura that will envelope you. Expect to sleep well and to eat well (if you head to FatCupid). If you are after some R&R, you probably won’t leave.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear EBoey

We have to say, our poolside has not looked as glamourous since you all left :-)

Thank you for staying with us. We had a great time hosting you and your friends, and do hope you all come back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pantai Tengah
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,244 reviews
The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia
Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi
The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa

Been to La Pari-Pari Langkawi? Share your experiences!