Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi
Camar Resort Langkawi(Pantai Tengah)
$136
$110
$103
  • Breakfast included
Tropical Resort(Pantai Tengah)(Great Value!)
$61
$51
Agoda.com
Ambong Ambong Langkawi(Pantai Tengah)
$185
$15
$116
$59
Priceline
Sunset Beach Resort(Pantai Cenang)
$48
$42
Hotels.com
$39
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
1,866 results
All reviewsacross the roadla villafederal villabig poolgreat poolpool barpool viewt shoppebuffet breakfastwater sportscactus restaurantbit datedjet skigreat resortbeachlangkawiisland
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This beach resort is situated on a lovely stretch of beach. The beach is not crowded and has a quiet and relaxing feel at all time. On top of that, there are a lot of restaurants and a couple of small marts located just outside the resort with decent prices. However, the area Pantai Tengah is not much of a shopping district. Taxi fare from airport to the resort is fixed at RM20, so if not self-driving, it is relatively alright to take the cab. The cab drivers are quite honest as well and Langkawi has a structured taxi network.

The resort is quite big with a few restaurants within (but pricey). The gym is big with many types of equipment. There are indoor and outdoor swimming pools. The outdoor swimming pool is of decent length, but the indoor one is nothing to rave about. It is basically for the conservative females to use but the pool is so small that there is not much to swim. There is a third swimming pool but currently under-construction.

Staff wise, like someone mentioned – the front desk staff were too busy to entertain and seem cold in welcoming. Apparently, this resort is quite popular and receives influx of guests the whole day. We wanted to extend our stay for a few hours by paying, but it seems this resort is fully booked even at this low period that they refuse us. It just shows that they were really busy.

Room wise, I would rate it as poor. The deco is outdated of the 90s style and everything looks worn. The bedcover was torn, the safe box not functioning, the in-room magazine had food stuffed in between the pages, and I found something terrible. When I open up the toilet bowl cover, I was horrified to find that the toilet seat was stained with urine and it wasn’t cleaned. This is the most disgusting find of all my hotel stays. The room reeked of moldy smell and of course, the bathroom had a kind of unpleasant scent, so we practically kept the bathroom door open during our stay. I had requested for a higher level room but the staff gave me the ground floor. My partner being allergic to sandflies and mosquitoes suffered badly. The whole room had mosquitoes flying around despite all windows and doors shut. After rounds of killing spree, the mossies still came back. No doubt the room is big, I think this resort badly need to overhaul its guest rooms and tighten their housekeeping standards. Oh, and don’t hope for great mini-bar and toiletries in the room, this resort at most gives a bottle of 1.5L complimentary water and some funny smelling shampoo & bath.

Room Tip: If you can't stand mosquitoes, insist on higher floor. Doubt they will give though.
1  Thank kisetsu
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The location of the hotel is wonderful the beach and pool area is really nice. But the hotel needs to improve service. The hotel is old but looks like they are in the midst of upgrading, we were upgraded to a better room. My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights.

The room was decent but we didn't have any drinking water in the room and the bathroom was refurbished but there was no enough space for towels or toiletries. A night we order room service which was ok.

The next day when we came back at night after a long day out, we found our tray with yesterday's room service still out side our door, the next morning our tray and a few other trays were gradually accumulating along the corridor. We basically told the front desk twice before they cleared it.

Also the chamber maids are just terrible at cleaning up! They don't sweep nor cleans the bathroom floors well. The best part was we found out that they forgot to put drinking water for us the first two days of our stay.

It's really disappointing when it's suppose to be a 4 star hotel.

1  Thank Butterflyfeathers
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I, just checked in at 2 pm today. We purchased the Deluxe Room which was advertised to have a bath tub and a sea view room. We didn't have to wait long and went to our room. To our disappointment, the room did not have a bath tub nor a good view. Anyway, I went back to the front office and mentioned that I had purchased a Deluxe Room and comes with a tub. Front office personnel got me another room in ten minutes and told me to see if I am ok with it. We checked the room, and this time, it had a tub and proper carpeting. Only complain we had is the tub was sprayed with Insect repellent (after checking with house keeping) and the tub looked really slippery with it. Also, there was construction going on right outside our window (but I guess u can't do much about that). They promised to look at the tub right away. While I wait, I told my self its ok, these things happen. However my wife is very exhausted (she is by the way 6 months into her pregnancy and I did mention this in my booking order). We had to change rooms, quite a walk away from the lifts and she was concerned the tub with insect repellent might do harm, because of poison and it might be slippery and hence dangerous for her especially in her state now. Basic Amenities are also lacking like toothbrushes, slippers and not a single item in the mini bar. Anyway, we will try to make the best out of it, as we just got here. Hopefully the hotel is more sensitive to receiving guest who are pregnant in the near future, especially those have mentioned this in their bookings.

Mr. Jaspal

1  Thank hoondal
Reviewed August 27, 2013

this is the 3rd time ive stayed and love it.will continue to stay on my next visiti found the staff to be amazing with any help we needed.always prompt.the pool area is to die for with such a large pool and spa .bar food is great when u need a snack or meal.lots of lounge chairs to relax on.you must visit this place

Room Tip: any room opposite the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are indeed happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay on your 3rd visit to Holiday Villa. Thank you for your support and we will be more than happy to have you back again with us .We welcome your feedback to us so that we can provide better services and that you will be satisfied with your accommodation experience at Holiday Villa.Thank you and warm wishes.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel is quite old but still no complaints, Rooms are large with balcony with a view of garden and a pool. They have the Best Staff, great pool, white sand beach and what more to relax. Loved it.

Further, there are good restaurants across the road.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments.We are delighted to have you as our guest and thank you for choosing our resort for your hotel accommodation in Langkawi island. It is great to hear that you were happy with the facilities and our services.We shall look forward to welcome you back again at our resort in the near future.