“Great food”
Review of The Drovers Inn

The Drovers Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Memus
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Drovers Inn is an intriguing pub and restaurant offering both a traditional Scottish inn atmosphere and contemporary fine dining. Situated midway between Forfar and Kirriemuir,in the little village of Memus.Enjoy a hearty meal and a well earned ale by the fire in our traditional Scottish pub after a days walking in the Angus Glens or savour a superb meal in our elegant, stylish sixty seat restaurant. In summer our guests also enjoy the outdoor dining area under the trees while their children romp in the large open air play area.Our menu features modern Scottish cuisine at its very best, using herbs from our own garden and quality, locally sourced seasonal produce. The exceptional food is complemented by an extensive wine list and large selection of whiskies and cognacs to complete the experience.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Having previously enjoyed lunch in the bar we returned but this time booked a table in the restaurant, which is advisable as it maybe difficult to just turn up and hope a table will be available.
We were accompanied by my 93 year old Mother-in-law who has mobility problems but gaining entry to the restaurant didn't present any problems.
The restaurant comprises of 3 small adjoining differently decorated rooms. It had a good atmosphere helped by the wonderfully sunny day viewed from the middle room.
The young lady serving us was very pleasant and efficient.
There was no delay in the food being served and my Mother -in-law had the sea bass with crab risotto which she devoured and said was delicious. It must have been good as she normally eats only half of what is served.
My wife had the venison which was perfectly cooked and I had the Friday fish special of fish and chips and a glass of wine (cost only £10). The fish was the best I have had in ages.
I had the cheeses board and my only comment on it was why frozen grapes?
As I said you can eat in the bar but can also eat outside in the gardens and for those who think that it is not possible in Scotland the 3 times we have visited the inn the sun has shown.

There are newer reviews for The Drovers Inn

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Good, tastefull restaurant in an isolated area. If you plan to visit Kirriemuir or arround and want to have lunch at a fine place, The Drovers is a great option. Food is very good, service nice and the place looks beautiful.Its not easy to find a restaurant like this in the area.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Celebrated my 40th Birthday here with my family, one of the best meals I've had in a long time and everyone enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Would come back again (hopefully soon) and recommend to anyone. I had Smoked duck and Stornaway black pudding for starter and ribeye steak with blue cheese sauce for main.....fantastic!! Service was brilliant too and not once were we made to feel rushed and the girls serving were very polite and at hand for anything we required. I had my 12 year old daughter with us and although she was the only child in the restaurant she felt totally comfortable and enjoyed all her dinner too.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Had a very enjoyable visit here for a birthday night out, however the evening and restaurant promised a little more than it provided. There was a slight delay in getting seated as apparently a table had overrun, although the restaurant was not busy and our table was already set and waiting us. The staff were very attentive though and the menu full of good local fayre. The King Scallops did however seem a little small for "Kings", but still very tasty, and my blue steak was cooked perfectly. My only criticism here was no steak knife was provided (I guess I could have asked). Cheese and biscuits and port followed at the end and with good wine it was a good night, which could have promised more but didn't quite hit the high notes it promised. Will definitely be back but will be more open on what to expect.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our party visited the Drovers on Mothers day our table was booked for the bar area as the restaurant was fully booked. On arrival we were shown to our table by a very well mannered young man....he allowed us a few minutes to settle and decide on our drink order. Once our drinks were served he then took our food order answering all of our question about the menu. All of the starter arrived at the same time served by 2 female staff members. The food was very well presented and tasted delicious once we had eaten our starter our table was cleared and we were offered more drinks. The main meals were served by the young man who welcomed us along with two young ladies allowing us all to be served at the same time and again the food looked and tasted amazing. overall the experience was 1st class and very reasonably price. I would definitely recommend the Drover for any occasion.....the bar and waiting staff were great and the food was mouthwatering what more can you ask for.