“Favorite experience in Ireland!”

Joyce Country Sheepdogs
Book In Advance
$10.92*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: An authentic insight into hill sheep farming and rural Irsh life with working sheepdog demonstrations. Interaction with puppies and sheep shearing demonstration during high season. This is set against some of the most breathtaking scenery in Ireland. Rest room facilities available along with picnic tables for guest use. Scheduled demonstration times are 11am, 1pm and 3.30 pm Monday -Saturday, however alternative times are available by prior arrangement.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite experience in Ireland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Joe Joyce's sheep dog farm was such and amazing experience! He was more than welcoming to my tour group when we stopped by for a visit! We were able to see the six month old border collie pups as well as the 6 day old babies! He demonstrated how he worked with the dogs to heard his sheep. The training was one of the most incredible demonstrations I have ever seen! This is something everyone must experience first hand. I would go back in a heartbeat. Not only were his demonstrations incredible, the scenery that surrounded his house was breath taking. His house overlooked the beautiful shores of the Lough Na Fooey. I definitely recommend this as a must see destination if ever traveling in Ireland .

1 Thank KaelynS

“MUST GO!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way through Connemara. Let me start by saying, this is an experience that I will NEVER forget. Joe Joyce is such a nice and talented man. He showed us how he could command his dogs with a whistle (that was so quiet) to herd sheep down a mountain. It was so amazing to see in person! He also let us hold 3 month old puppies, they were adorable.
This is something that is so different from anything I have ever done and I'm sure not many others have done anything like it. It is a must do if you are going through the region of Connemara, I HIGHLY recommend it. I will definitely be returning!

1 Thank ssenetra
“Unforgetable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

This is the Best place I have ever been to. Joe Joyce, the owner, gave an amazining presentation with his dogs on how to properly herd sheep on a mountainside. He also gave an extremely interesting talk on how to herd sheep, train dogs, and even the diiferent kinds of sheep that he herds. This is a must see for anyone that is traveling around Ireland.

1 Thank Anne_Bonny_SBU
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Joe Joyce and his sheep dogs are definitely a must see in Ireland. He showed us the dogs and how they do the amazing job of herding sheep up in the mountains. We learned about how he trains them and teaches them to listen. The puppies were so adorable!!!

Long Island City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Must Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I honestly had no idea what to expect when I arrived here, but what came out of it was a once in a lifetime experience. Located ontop of an amazing vista in Connemara, Joe Joyce offered our group excellent hospitality, and allowed us to see what it was like to herd sheep with dogs. The dogs are all exceptionally trained, and we were allowed to interact with them. This review does not do it justice; if you are in the neighborhood you must come visit.

Visited January 2013