“this is ireland!”

Joyce Country Sheepdogs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An authentic insight into hill sheep farming and rural Irsh life with working sheepdog demonstrations. Interaction with puppies and sheep shearing demonstration during high season. This is set against some of the most breathtaking scenery in Ireland. Rest room facilities available along with picnic tables for guest use. Scheduled demonstration times are 11am, 1pm and 3.30 pm Monday -Saturday, however alternative times are available by prior arrangement.
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking to see what the real ireland is, make a stop at Joe Joyce's. He showed us how he trains his dogs to become the best sheep dogs in Ireland. Several of his dogs were let up into the hills to round up the sheep, which was really cool to see. Joe also let us interact with the dogs, including the little puppies! Joe Joyce is a true Irish man who is doing what he loves. Definitely make a stop here!

All reviews
"herd sheep"
in 14 reviews
"sheepdog demonstration"
in 8 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
in 4 reviews
"collie"
in 19 reviews
"instinct"

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I don't even know where to begin about the sheep dogs. They were breathtakingly beautiful and their skill was so impressive. While on our visit, one of the female dogs had puppies so we were able to hold the puppies throughout the demonstration. Being a dog lover myself this was just heaven. There was also another litter of puppies that were only 6 dys old. Safe to say all the girls in our group went gaga for them. But overall it was a really great demonstration and Joe Joyce is just amazing. This is a must do when in Galway and exploring through Connemara.

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Joe Joyce is a great guy and his dogs are the best! We made a side stop here while touring Galway and he showed us how he herds sheep up in the mountains. He is so talented! Not to mention, the dogs are adorable. Such a great experience and I'm glad I got to see it.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was an amazing experience that I will never forget! Not only did we get to drive through absolutely breathtaking scenery, we got to watch sheep dogs in action which was really cool and we get to play with and hold the border collie puppies that were just weeks old. Joe Joyce is a very nice man and he is an excellent sheep dog trainer, I recommend this 100%

See more reviews
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Joe Joyce's sheep farm was the highlight of my Ireland experience! The location was beautiful and the view was unreal. Watching the sheep dog heard sheep was something I never thought I would see in my life. It was absolutely incredible. Also, Joe allowed us to interact with the dogs and puppies which was exciting! It was a truly unforgettable experience and I would most definitely recommend it!