Marco Pontuali Private Tours
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Manziana
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Thank you Marco for a great day on Roma recently. Very friendly and informative. What a great way to see Rome,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was my 2nd time touring with Marco. My wife and I had an amazing time! Marco is incredibly knowledgeable on just about any aspect of Rome in which you are interested. From ancient Rome to modern Rome, Marco recounts the history of this beautiful city in a captivating way. I have traveled the world and used private guides in many different places. Hands down, Marco is the best!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Marco knows his Rome like the back of his hand. We did a Vatican tour with him & although I had been to the Vatican before his knowledge seemed limitless. The next day we did a city tour and even though many sights were closed due to strike he still made the day exceptional! We highly recommend him.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Marco was the best guide I've experienced in 10 years of travel overseas. I booked a half day Vatican tour he advertises on Tours by Locals and I had him customize the half day tour of Ancient Rome to what I wanted to see, not what he normally includes in his offered tour. He was attentive to my questions and queries and followed my schedule, not his - meaning he stopped for a sit down break from all the walking when I wanted to and did not rush me to complete the tour. We stayed longer at site or on visits that I was more intersted in and very little at others that I wanted to see but did not want the history of the site or visit. He did not impose his very knowledgeable explanations if I was not interested in hearing them.

If you know what you want to see but don't like pre-packaged tours that include sites you don't want to visit, this is the way to go. I booked Marco on Tours by Locals.com and requested a customized tour of ancient Rome, to include sites and visits not in his half day tour. He was more than willing to accomodate and did not disappoint. Marco is a warm, knowledgeable person who cares about his clients first, and about his agenda second. I spent 8 hours with Marco discovering and sharing the Eternal City and it was a pleasure. I booked the tour for the first full day after my arrival in Rome and I'm glad I did. I was able to go back in the 8 other days I had in Rome to sites I wanted to explore on my own once I knew where and what they were from my tours with Marco.

Definitely worth every penny. And if you're not sure what to do for the others days you're in Rome, don't hesitate to ask Marco. He will suggest sites and day trips for you without trying to sell you his services. He is that helpfull. The saying goes "When in Rome, do as the Romans" but I say "When in Rome, follow a Roman!" Marco is a native of Rome and knows the Eternal City like no other.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I recently completed my 8th tour with Marco Pontuali as a tour guide. These tours have included large student tours throughout Europe and more personal family tours in Italy. During all of these tours with Marco, he has been an extraordinary guide, filled with an enormous variety of knowledge about history, language, art, architecture, music, and culture. Marco also has a great facility with languages, and easily moves between English, Italian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese as he keeps everyone in a group involved and informed. His love of the regions in and surrounding Rome is very apparent when he guides you through the amazing Etruscan ruins and ceremonial grounds, or through the Vatican and Basilica. Marco uses interesting anecdotes to bring history and art alive, and the students with whom I have traveled have greatly appreciated his ability to make everything come alive. I strongly recommend Marco as a guide for any group, small or large, who wants a unique and personalized travel experience in Rome, Italy, or most of western Europe!