“Expect to get what you pay for”

Premier Inn London Rainham Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rainham
Kent, UK
“Expect to get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2008

This was my 1st experience of a Premier Inn so I was not sure what to expect...I have booked some fantastic B&Bs for £60 and some pretty bad hotels for more so I was hoping it would be middling...It is.

Staff were rarely on reception: there is a bell but then there is some wait for them to come back from the pub (Willow Farm) next door to serve you (not drinking - I think they have to work both locations).

The vending machine did not work. Although the staff gave us our money back that it had taken at 1 am in the middle of nowhere it meant there were no refreshments at all as the staff did not have access to the key to open it.

There was a broken TV left in our room, although the reception did tell us that when we checked in when we got up there we could se it would not have taken too much effort to just remove it! Also there was a large dent/hole in the bathroom door.

The beds were comfy and we experienced no noise from the main road.

Therefore as long as all you want is a bed for the night then I suggest you don;t pay for the breakfast but head in to town in the morning or hit the boot sale behind if you are there Sat night/Sun morning.

• Liked — the comfy beds
  • Disliked — the lack of refreshments
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mrs Teee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Coventry, Warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2008

We are so glad that we now have an excellent hotel to stay in in Romford / Rainham area. We have stayed at The Palms before and had a horrible experience there. We couldn't fault the Premier Inn - its does what it says on the tin. Excellent!

• Liked — Clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank reetandjonnyp
Devon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2007

We stayed here for 3 nights in Dec 2007. The room and hotel were clean and comfortable. Aside from this, we had a few complaints about the hotel.

Breakfast was not worth the money - we wished we'd opted out of breakfast as the choice and quality was pretty poor. The pub next door (The Honourable Pilot) where breakfast is served also serves pretty rubbish bar meals....find somewhere else to eat would be my recommendation.

Noise levels are quite high given the proximity to the pub. We were disturbed by this due to the location of our room which was a couple floors up, but near to the pub entrance.

I borrowed an iron. It was not until I went to pack the iron and ironing board away that I noticed exposed flex on the iron, not the sort of health and safety risk I would expect from a hotel. On returning the iron I mentioned this, I'm not sure that it was taken that seriously or that staff were aware of the risk this could pose.

And lastly, I'm not too fussy, but the staff tend to be quite fond of swearing on reception when they think no customers are around. I'll definitely be booking elsewhere next time.

• Liked — clean, comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — noise, dangerous wiring, food
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LC73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rainham
Premier Inn London Dagenham Hotel
#3 of 5 in Grays Thurrock
Devonshire Hotel
Devonshire Hotel
#1 of 4 in Hornchurch

Been to Premier Inn London Rainham Hotel? Share your experiences!