“Great night out that didn't break the bank”

The Manor Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Rainham
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Six of us had a great three course meal, it was great! There was a Rat Pack style singer, the food was really good quality, I would really recommend it.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife have dined at The Manor many times ( both lunch and dinner ) and we've never had any qualms about taking guests there.
The whole establishment - gardens, hotel and restaurant - has a fresh, clean and nice friendly feel about it.
The restaurant has a lovely modern comfortable ambience, is well laid out and tables are not too close together. The menu incorporates a very good selection without being pretentious. Quality, presentation and quantity of food is both excellent and affordable and wine list likewise. No service charges and good parking facilities.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had afternoon tea here, there was a large table of 8 men having lunch and another table of 4 having afternoon tea, so not busy, our tea arrived in a medium sizes METAL teapot, hmm I felt disappointed, my friend had coffee , which came in the smallest cafeteria I have ever seen, on the table was sachets of sugar/ sweeteners, I am used to cubed sugar at my afternoon tea, the jam was in small glass pots, hmm so far I m disappointed, the 3 tier cake stand arrives, everything ok, but usually we all go oooh wow, look at that, there was enough for the 2 of us, but it just didn't hit the special occasion spot, I have been spoilt else where. Mary Green Manor, the Ritz, other hotels I have stayed in, we asked to change our plates after we ate our sandwiches, and my friend had run out of coffee, it took a while to get someone's attention, remember it wasn't busy, by the time we did attract someone I had run out of tea!! but he then said jokingly you cant have both clean plates and more drinks, but it came across as you shouldn't need anything else, also on one of the tartlets there was an unusual looking fruit, my friend is allergic to apricots, so we tried to get the waiters attention to ask what fruit it was, after another long wait, I just ate the fruit, to discover it was papaya, so my friend could safety enjoy the tartlet, they did ask was everything ok, when they had given us new plates, but never once asked do you want fresh tea /coffee more cream, etc sorry I wont be returning for tea, but I am trying to arrange a ladies lunch in May so lets see...

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The restaurant has two menus we chose the terrace menu which was very good value for money and lovely food.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Accompanied by 18 friends and family, we visited The Manor for afternoon tea to celebrate my mums 80th birthday. We had never eaten there before, but several friends had recommended it, and we weren't disappointed. Despite increasing my numbers a few times, the staff were very helpful and everything was perfect. The food was delicious and plentiful, and the service was attentive without being over-bearing. Highly recommended.