“Private Classy Place”

The Manor Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 20 Restaurants in Rainham
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Private Classy Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Took my friend out for her birthday last night with my son, daughter and grandson, she did not have a clue where we were going because this Restaurant/Hotel is private and hidden at the back of Rainham, Essex off A13 down a country lane.

When we arrived through the gates she was so grateful and said I made her day.

They welcomed us very pleasantly and made us feel at home, we had a bottle of wine in the lounge area and soft drinks and the waiter was very entertaining and bubbly, he made our evening even more special. The starters was very tasteful and well presented and I choose the Guinea Fowl, (A BIRD) which ive never had before, so I was quite sceptical before tasting it, but actually it was wonderful more tastier than chicken, and I am fine today. They even wrote happy birthday on the dessert plate and put a candle in the dessert.

They have a lovely garden, with a marquee and it was set up for a wedding. Good for pictures!!

They venue is set up like a stately home but affordable prices in restaurant, I couldn't believe the price when I got the bill, definitely recommended, if you like class !!!!

When we finished our meal we went back to the lounge area and watched the Olympics on TV, we spent over 3 hours there, that's how nice it was.

It is for Romantic couples, families, business, friends or solo. give them a call and book it.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank lorraineJLondon

Fittleworth, United Kingdom
“Good meal well presented. To die for?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had a meal during a murder mystery evening and at £89 for two including a three course meal, welcome drink and entertainment I thought it represented very good value. There was a menu sent out and the meal choices had to be returned to the hotel in advance.

Our meals arrived quickly and the staff were polite and attentive. Perhaps a little amused by the "goings on" but they took it all in their stride and made the guests welcome while the event organisers did their stuff.

The meals were nicely presented, piping hot and very tasty. Good honest food and decent sized portions. If you're looking for a venue for your wedding or any other event put The Manor on your short list. They're well organised and certainly know how to cater for large parties.

• Visited July 2012
Essex
“Afternoon Tea”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I booked afternoon tea at this hotel a few months ago. A table for 16 was booked for work colleagues. A £5 per head deposit was requested and paid a month in advance. I was also told of the cost of Champagne by the glass as some people enjoy it with their tea. Unfortunately, 4 people could not make it and 1 just did not show. I called the restaurant as soon as I was told with 2 phone calls, one to say it was now 14 people, the second to say now thirteen. The last two I was not aware of until on route to lunch. I informed the manager of the restaurant and told him there was now only 10 people. His response was that the food had been done and we would have to pay for 14 covers. The food was nice enough with plenty to eat and they did provide foil for us to bring home the remaining cake. A colleague and I then went and spoke to the manager about being charged for the extra people and was told "we don't do many teas and we make them in advance". I told him that at no time was I told we would have to pay full price and the champagne had also been charge at £1.35 per glass extra. His management/people skills need to improve. At the end of the day we only paid for the people attending but will not return there on principle!

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank Lesley M
Essex
“Little Gem Tucked Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

We went there for lunch on my sister-in-laws 85 Birthday last week. She had booked it, and it has been many years since I have been to this place. Lunch was excellent; we were not hurried, the food was freshly cooked and it was not very expensive. All in all we had a really pleasant time celebrating a significant milestone occasion. Will certainly return in the near future.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Antho7
London
“A very enjoyable experience was had by all...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

This was my second visit to the Berwick Manor and with a party of 12 I had my reservations. But I have to say, the whole experience was first class. The pre drinks in the bar, the quality of food, the excellent level of service - very friendly and efficient and the very reasonable prices made for a very memorable and enjoyable occasion. We have already pre-booked for this Christmas coming, and will be making return visits throughout the coming year. Having read some of the earlier reviews, our experience of the staff was quite the opposite, they were fantastic and not rude at all.

• Visited December 2011