“The best lamb Knuclle”

Kelkiewyn Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Kelkiewyn is a small-town Restaurant and Farm stall, open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch. Plenty of parking and a large area for the kids to play and folks to relax.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The situation and atmosphere are great. The staff attentive without being in your face. The lamb knuckle was fantastic. We both ate the lamb and agreed that it was one of the best meals we have ever eaten.

Dene Z, Owner at Kelkiewyn Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Thanks for the great review !

Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is a restaurant that I have visited many times over a number of years. The food has always been good, with a surprising variety for such a small restaurant. Its country location has meant that there has not been much competition, but it has continued to produce good food. The service has always been enthusiastic, if not somewhat amateurish, but that has added to the charm. The ownership changed a year or so ago, so I was apprehensive. The good news is that the quality of the food and the service has gone up, rather than down, so I will continue to visit on my occasional visits to Villiersdorp. On my last visit I rushed in and asked if I could get a takeaway, not something I have done before. 15 minutes later I was able to take out 2 wonderful calamari meals, with all the trimmings. So another string to their bow! Now I hear that they do evening meals once or twice a week. Great!

Dene Z, Owner at Kelkiewyn Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Thank you so much for the support and the fabulous review !

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Since this venue has been taken over by the Zondag family, it has been a breath of fresh air. The food is of a high standard, and the catering that can be arranged is also out of the top drawer. We were accepted as a reservation on a particularly busy evening in December, and was amazed at the quality of the food that was presented, even though the venue had been booked out by a local school for their year end function. I was happy to cancel my reservation, but the owner was adamant they would not disappoint us - and they did not. Keep up the good work.

1  Thank DevineWard
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We went for lunch with friends and their dog and were seated outside on the stoep. The menu is small and written on a board. We all chose different meals and they arrived simultaneously. I had the Waterblommetjie Bredie which is a specialty of the Cape and it was delicious. Typical home cooking.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were in Villiersdorp for the weekend and recommended the new Kelkiewyn. It was nice to see them so busy and the staff attentive and friendly. Decided to go back for dinner to find them closed as was every other restaurant. How do the B&Bs manage this???