“Disappointing Experience” 2 of 5 stars

North Wales
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were staying locally and thought we would try Da Bepi with a view of returning at least a couple of times .But even from the time we arrived we were made to feel we were not local and were not welcome.we have been studying italian and were not expecting them to speak English but the staffs attitude was arful .they also seem to be totally un organised and were to our amusement spending the whole time we were eating moving tables at least 3 times,presumably to confuse the waitresses.The food was to be fair not bad but after the main course had been finished and the plates taken away, nobody returned to our table to asked if we wanted a sweet or coffees so we paid the bill and left.we ate at most of the local restaurants and found them very good.You do not find many tourists in this area which was the reason we stayed in Rovolon,we are returning shortly to the area and would advise anyone unless you are a local do not waste your money here
a real shame as the setting is lovely the food not bad but the service is unaceptable

• Visited June 2014

• Czech first
Padua, Italy
“CHEAP AND VERY GOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We came across this bustling place one sunday lunch and we got the very last table , it was packed with people on a sunny day on the terrace. All Italian families , lots of kids having fun , sons with elderly mothers and a few dogs under tables eyeing each other off. The terrace is magnificent the tables set under magnificent trees. The wait staff were run off their feet, but this did not detract from their efficiency. They were local people and keen to please , like most friendly country folk are. We were promptly served our bread , wine , water and waited not too long for our pasta . I had pasta l'anatra ...duck sauce . My darling had the pasta fungi , ....mushroom sauce. Both generous helpings of fresh pasta . We had vegetables to follow,and some grilled meat .
I was watching people devour huge platters of grilled mixed meats like it was going out of style and the chicken looked really good. Making me wish I had that instead , because I always love roast chicken , oh well next time.
The thing that will surprise you the most is the price. IT IS SOOOO CHEAP .. I felt embarrassed to be paying only 4.50 euros for a plate of pasta and 9 euros for a steak . No wonder the place is packed . Thats one of the great things in the area around where I live there are so many friendly family run restaurants where menu prices stood still , so to speak. These family owned trattorias been operating for years there are no high price rents to pay here in the countryside so the prices reflect that.
There were no tourists there , it does not look as if one tourist has even reviewed this place ..its a genuine Italian style place where you can get a real look into how Italians do it on sunday lunch . Sure there are classier places at much higher prices in the area , but this place as far as value for money goes takes my number one vote, and I can't wait to bring a whole group of friends here for a nice lunch that everyone can afford .
I loved this place . The mamas, the kids, the dogs , the wait staff , the noise , the bustle , the real people here. I will return

• Visited September 2013