“A idylic hotel in an idylic place”

Bomans Hotel & Restaurant in Trosa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Trosa
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A idylic hotel in an idylic place”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have stayed here three times and have it on my "my stay as ofetn as I can" list. This family run hotel is beautifully decorated with every room having a totally seperate and unique charm. The food is VERY good and I have found that it is just about close enough to stay at if you find all hotels are full in Stockholm... I reckon its worth the commute!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I had high expectations when it was announced that Bomans was chosen for my company´s annual Christmas dinner/get-together as I had heard a lot of positive comments, especially about their "supposed-to-be" marvelous food.

We arrived in time for lunch December 16 2011. The lunch, a buffet consisting of salad and two different entrees (meat stew and fish pudding) was, at best, mediocre. Service was quite slow and we had to remove our salad china from the table ourselves. When the meat dish was finished I had to ask for refill and wait about 10 minutes for it to come back from the kitchen. If you serve a buffet, the most important thing is to keep the food plentiful and fresh not letting the customer wait for refill, big failure!

Post lunch we had a meeting session in the top-floor conference room, which was ok furnished but extremely cold (16 centigrades) so they had to bring in a separate heater. An hour later the temperature was bearable.

First evening activity was Jacuzzi and Sauna which took place in a separate facility, about 70 m from the main building. It was very nice with one exception; the guests had to walk across the courtyard to the main bar to buy beverage. Who wants to walk into a crowded bar/restaurant dressed in boxers to order a beer and then risk your life struggling not to slip on your way back?

At half seven we (28 colleagues) met up at the reception to ingest some “Glögg” (Swedish Glüwein) which is supposed to be quite hot but not boiling (watch the alcohol). It was lukewarm!

We continued up to the second floor dining area where a Christmas smorgasbord was set. It took at least 30 minutes for everyone to get a first beer and Schnapps. Everyone had finished their second serving before receiving beverage = big disappointment! The food was pretty fresh but VERY average considering the reputation of the kitchen, and the pricing of course! Throughout the evening service was poor; they were slow on replacing food and often forgot to bring out ordered beverages.

We shared rooms 2 and 2 and our room was pretty nice and clean but small with very slim beds, and it got quite hot during the night.

Early next morning we got to enjoy a nice breakfast with freshly baked rolls, waffles and much more before we went back home to Stockholm. To be honest there wasn’t more than what you could expect from a hotel breakfast buffet; but compared to the previous day´s experiences I was amazed by the freshness, and also by the service from the lady serving breakfast – thanks!

Over all the stay was ok but absolutely nothing more. If I had paid out of my own pocket I think I would have been even more disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are individually designed. I guess it is possible to request a design to your liking, eg...