“Faultless”

The Eating House
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Calver
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Here at The Eating House we believe in offering high quality food in a homely, cosy environment. Whether you love traditional British fayre or have a taste for something more modern you will find something to delight your taste buds on our menu.
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

First visit to this cafe. Lovely welcome and so helpful. We were early for our booking. The afternoon tea was even better than the photo and everything an afternoon treat should be. Free refills of both tea and coffee offered, delicious well-filled finger sandwiches garnished with salad. The whole plate stand was strewn with tempting morsels of fruit which made it a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach.
We couldn't manage it all and we took the remaining cakes home. When I opened the cake box at home the waitress had added extra strawberries and grapes, what a lovely surprise! Thank you for making our treat so memorable.
The adjoining craft (gift) shop has such an array of interesting and well made items for all ages and at affordable prices too.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have just had my first meal at The Eating House. I had bubble and squeak with eggs and ham and it was delicious. I didn't sample a cake as I was so full from lunch but they all looked delicious and I will definitely be having one next time. The afternoon tea looked fab and I will be sampling that when I return. I thought the attached shop was lovely too and spent a good hour in there browsing all the knick knacks. I have already recommended this place to a friend and I have already arranged to return when their Christmas stock comes out. Charming little place.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Went for lunch on our wedding anniversary. Husband had fish salad with a very generous piece of smoked salmon, mackerel pate, prawns and a king prawn served with bread and butter. I had the kedgeree which was very creamy and tasty. The coffee was very good too. Much more varied and interesting menu than other cafes in area and lots of gluten free choices for those on special diets.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is becoming an all too convenient tea, cake and loo stop on a regular journey that I do between Cheshire and Nottinghamshire. Have sampled both the sweet and savoury food on various visits and have not managed to fault it yet. The 'craft centre' is nothing to write home about and they would be as well to make the cafe bigger as it can be difficult to find a seat sometimes.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of 8, all mixed ages. Younger ones ordered burgers and us older one went for the afternoon tea. The burgers were absolutely fantastic and the afternoon tea was to die for! Gorgeous selection of fingers sandwiches and cakes, surplus amounts of tea and the staff were the friendliest we have ever come across. Couldn't do enough for us and we were quite demanding :-D Went next door to the gift shop too which is very cute! Will definitely go back soon. Many thanks x