“Comfortably and Relaxing”
Review of The Eyre Arms - CLOSED

The Eyre Arms
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Comfortably and Relaxing”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We dined at the Eyre Arms after spending a day wandering around in the cold. The bar was very warm with its open fire and most relaxing. The lady at the bar was very friendly and the service was great. The food was standard pub fayre.

Visited March 2013

“amazing”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

we pop into this pub last week. was greeted wi a very warm welcome. was seated at a top in the reaturant and was served all night frm v table. the food was amazing. the staff coundnt do enough for u. one of the best pubs iv eaten at.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Tough Luck!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stopped here as it looked a nice pub from the outside. Ordered a Sirloin Steak and Beef & Ale pie. Pub was fairly quiet and service was quite slow. Steak came out sizzling & hot. This turned out to be the toughest and most inedible steak I have ever tried to eat. Having complained I was told there would be no refund, not even any discount. They offered me a pudding which I refused or a glass of wine which I couldn't accept as I was driving.
They tried to defend themselves by saying the steak was medium in the kitchen and must have continued cooking on the plate?!
Would not recommend this pub to anyone, ever!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank maurice w
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly, nice building - poor service and food”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My 9 y.o. son and I today popped in for a pub meal, driving back home from Manchester way. The building looked nice, inside we were shocked to see a large board-warning "NO CHILDREN BEYOND THIS POINT" - extremely unwelcoming! However, there was a "families with children" area at the back, which we were sent to, it was poorly lit, cold and empty. I asked the lady at the bar if we could still sit at the main area, as it was well lit and much warmer with not many visitors in. She insisted we sit in a "depressing" area - at that point we should have left, but we had to eat. We ordered a quick soup and a pot of tea - both were awful. We felt completely alienated while there, left with heavy feeling. I will not recommend this pub, and will never, NEVER go near it again. Could be such a nice place - a total waste of a building! :(

• Visited August 2012
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

The food here was awful, we left after the main course to get pudding in another pub because it was so bad! Would never revisit!!

1 Thank Kaatiee