“Food was very bad”

Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Calver
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had gone for a drive out one evening and as we passed this pub thougth we would call in for something to eat, the food was the wosrt food I have ever been served. It was overcooked when I complained about it, they returned with another one and that was the same. We ordered a childs meal of chicken which was also overcooked, I could have understood it if the pub was busy but apart from my family there was about 5 other people in there. I would not recommend this put at all . The staff didnt want to be there and the service was very poor indeed. VERY DISSAPOINTED

1  Thank Claire L
There are newer reviews for The Eyre Arms

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

As we had a child with us we were herded into the family area which was badly decorated with no charm whatsoever. The staff were utterly disinterested and the food was the quality you'd expect from a cheap chain. Avoid!

2  Thank bev-la73
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We hadn't been here for a while and I had recommended the place to friends after my first visit but this time we thought the meal was average. Obviously, calling at an 'Open all day' pub for a somewhat past-lunch time meal, we were not expecting lots of atmosphere and buzz but the staff response seemed a little slow. When someone took our order the service was friendly enough but we noticed a couple more customers had to wait at the bar. The food was typical pub fare and the portions were generous but I noticed that the prices had increased since my last visit. There seem to be mixed reviews of this place and I wonder if it was just the time we chose rather than anything else. There are certainly enough certificates on the walls citing awards for food, quality and hospitality. We'll give it another try but certainly at a different time.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. There is a good selection of traditional pub food and the portions are enormous. On our most recent visit we had the special prawn salad and the honey roast ham salad. Both were delicious. Service is first class and the staff are very attentive. The only downsides are the prices are a bit high and the decor is naff but don't let this put you of trying it.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

To be fair, our visit was around 5 p.m. and possibly the outcome might have been completely different had we visited in the evening. The food was disgusting. Chicken breast cut up into small slices and impossible to cut, cauliflower swimming in water, brocolli which had lost all its colour and completely overcooked. Only the potatoes were edible. Will definitely not be giving this place a second visit.