Golden Boar Inn
$99
The Bell Hotel(Mildenhall)
$61
  • Restaurant
The Bull Inn(Barton Mills)
$100
Travelodge Barton Mills(Barton Mills)(Great Value!)
$51
Travelodge
Rosery Country House Hotel(Newmarket)(Great Value!)
$106
$68
TripAdvisor
Cadogan Hotel(Newmarket)
Orbitz.com
All reviewsthe pubfor sunday lunchan evening meallovely weekendboarlunchtime menu
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Although the restaurant was quite busy we were seated and our order taken promptly. We had a little wait for our food but this was not excesive. The food was very good and the staff polite, attentive and friendly. Although it was busy, at no time did we feel rushed and we had a very pleasant and relaxed evening. We will happily return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Really enjoyed the food and is great for lunch or dinner. Would definitely recommend it for sunday lunch as it was divine. Went there with family recently and had a great meal with very friendly staff and a nice warm atmosphere. And as i have younger siblings the little play area in the garden was great and we enjoyed a nice drink out in the sunshine. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to going there soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dominic P
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and myself had a meal at The Golden Boar. The staff were very attentive and friendly. My husband had the fillet steak and it was delicious. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing and we did not feel hurried at any stage.Reading the other reviews I feel that we were at a different restaurant (we were not)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rena S
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I visited once for a quiet drink and to talk to my girlfriend who had suffered a tragic loss. I have never been asked to leave a pub before, the excuse given was that I had purchased only one two drinks and was taking up space on two chairs for too long. I knew from the outset that something was wrong because of the unfriendly glare from the landlords wife. I would not like to attribute this to my girlfriends skin colour, but she is from Africa, not England.
When I offered to pay an extra for the use of the chairs, I was told to leave and if I didnt, the landlord would call the police. I am 57 years old, a company director and never ever been treated this way. This is rudeness in its extreme, and I hope not typical of primitive rural England, but visitors beware, this is either an ownership about making the most money from you, or its a landlord with primitive racial views.

Room Tip: Just beware
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
13  Thank Phil R
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a meal Sat 30th March. The food was superb. My partner who is a fussy so and so said it was the best steak he had ever had. I had salmon and it was very tasty. The decoration is light and airy and the bar area inviting and cosy. The food was reasonably priced as you get what you pay for, the staff where attentive could not fault it. We will definitely be back. Thank you

• Stayed: April 2012