“It's really worthwhile a stop while on the lakes”
Review of Cook on the Lakes

Cook on the Lakes
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Colazza
More attraction details
Owner description: Cook on the Lakes is an Italian Cooking School on the Lake Maggiore, in the north of Italy. ALL COURSES HAVE HANDS-ON PHILOSOPHY! Every course has its own goals. We'll start to prepare the food all together as a group. We will know the recipes and their history, learn the basic skills, cook them. Usually all the lessons will start in the morning around 9 PM; we will work the whole morning until the food is ready and then we have lunch together; if your partners are around, they can join us for a small fee. When the course is finished, we will take pictures with your Italian cooking diploma and I'll give you a special souvenir to take home. Enjoy the location, totally surrounded by the nature and at the edge of the woods. On warm seasons the vegetables and other natural products will be available from my garden, from Germano's, my neighbour, a wise and expert gardener, and from the nearby local market place. If the weather is fine, we'll enjoy the food we cook outside in the garden and in the sun! See you soon!!! Francesca
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's really worthwhile a stop while on the lakes”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

On our way to ski with my girlfriends, we stopped half day for a fun, instructive and unforgettable experience. The woman who runs it, is very accommodating, welcoming, warm and funny!

We learnt to cook proper Risotto and we prepared the dough for panettone with mascarpone sauce. Delicious. Francesca gave has simple and practical hints.

Great experience as part of a hen weekend while on the lakes in Italy, or while visiting the area....i put in practice what I've learnt...my man has been impressed.

Visited April 2013