“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Olhuveli Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Both my wife and I had a wonderful one week stay at the Six Senses Laamu - Maldives.

The resort was superbly marvelous, and accolades should go to the management and team there for keeping this resort one of the best jewels in Maldives.

What makes it all so special are the committed staff there that were always going out of their way to create dreams and memorable experience for all guest to the lovely resort, and the GEMs (Guest Experience Makers)were the key success to the resort's distinctive brand and service-oriented culture success. Special mention and thanks should go to Abdullah Hassan/GEM who made our stay so comfortable and wonderful. He is one of the resort's key success story for the resort's many other GEMs. He is not only passionate about his role as a GEM, but is also very service-minded and dedicated, and nothing was too much for him to do. Also I would like to highlight that Rachel Lambert was Six Senses Laamu outstanding Marine Conservation Biologist, and she is indeed the resort's true CSR team leader, and a great host to all guest with her hospitality, approachable friendliness and marine life knowledge. And of course the General Manager Marteyne Van Well and management team were outstanding ambassadors of the lovely resort that kept it managed well as one can see. Last but not least the culinary delights and service from the Food & Bevergare team were second to none, and it was a well organised and runned brigade in terms of service, food quality and delivery, and also great host with their warm welcome and smile all the time!! I always enjoyed dining at the outlets and chatting with the service and culinary team.......

In all I should say it was one of our best experience in Maldives and especially the genuine hospitality and care of the Maldivians that made the resort so special plus the natural surroundings and Six Senses management of the resort. Truly unspoit and not pretentious!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Marteyne, General Manager at Six Senses Laamu, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear nicety,

Greetings from Six Senses Laamu and thank you very much for having shared your wonderful review with our readers. We are very pleased to know that you and your wife enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us.

It means a lot to us to be recognized for how well our team looks after our guests and that our care and dedication is done with sincerity and warmth. It is great to see you mention the names of our individual hosts and please know that Abdulla, your GEM, and Rachel, our Marine Biologist, are proud of and grateful for your recognition.

It was also fantastic to read that you were truly amazed with our culinary delights and the lovely service from our Food and Beverage team. It is great to see their hard work and dedication to always providing the best food offerings and service to our guests being recognized and please know that your kind comments have been shared with them. It will certainly serve as a motivation to continue to go the extra mile in all their efforts.

Thank you once again for your sincere appreciation and be assured that we shall continue to spare no effort to deliver the highest standard of service to our guests.

It will be great to see you again on your next visit and if myself or any member of my team can assist you plan your next holiday, please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Six Senses Laamu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dunblane, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We've spent the last 4 summers in Barbados and we knew that we needed to dip our toes in different water. The big problem was that Barbados has got lovely people, beautiful scenery, great food and the standard of accommodation was incredible. Our excellent travel agents, Angelfish, therefore had a very tough act to follow. We wanted great snorkeling, great food, great accommodation and we eventually put our faith into Six Senses Laamu.

We'd spent some days in Dubai and we consequently arrived into Male airport on the 'Emirates red eye' feeling tired. The sheets of early monsoon rain racing across the airport did little to improve our mood. On clearing immigration we were greeted by attentive. uniformed Six Senses staff, who whisked us off to internal departures, booked us in, put us in the lounge, got us drinks and guided us on to the plane. It was all so quick, simple, efficient, friendly and easy....a sign of things to come?

After a bumpy puddle jumper flight, with wonderful views, we arrived at Kadhdoo airstrip. Again we were met by Six senses staff and taken straight to the speed boat transfer. (this is the bit where you ceremonially dispense with your shoes!)The whole transport arrangement had 'potential disaster' written all over it. In reality it was seamless, quick and enjoyable.

On arrival we were greeted by Martina and allocated our GEM, the admirably charming, Afra. We'd done enough research on Tripadvisor to know which villa we wanted - West facing (sunset and reef side) on Jetty A, and we were not disappointed as Afra took us by buggy straight to the door of villa 11. Note - villa location is very important if you want to snorkel from your deck. The reef runs roughly parallel to the west side of jetty A. If you are on the east side of Jetty A or on any other jetty, you will have a long swim to get to the reef. There has been enough said on the water villa design on these pages so I won't bore you with details but they are wonderful. Outside shower, nice toiletries, superb deck with hammocks etc. etc. The villa is a gorgeous environment to relax in. Uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean, the scent of lemongrass and the sound of waves lapping on to the stilts. Two possible downers though - the whole WC lock thing doesn't work. Its a stick with some string. Also the sunken dining seating in the deck doesn't live up to expectations. The one in our villa was very weather beaten and not particularly attractive. A slight caution - the weather comes from the west so you can get a fairly strong breeze if you have a sunset view - but I never saw a single mosquito in all of my time on the island so the breeze is a good thing!

We had bikes and snorkeling equipment supplied which was great. The bikes, despite being rickety, rusty and heavy, were great fun and really efficient at getting us around the island. Cycling down the jetty to breakfast and home from dinner in the pitch dark were always highlights.

We had a half-board package and mainly dined in the Longitude restaurant, although we also went to Zen and Leaf for dinner and Also Leaf and the Chill Bar for lunch. The food at all of these restaurants was superb with Zen possibly the winner for dinner and Leaf Vietnamese the winner for lunch (Pho Bo to die for!!!!). For a curry nut like me, there was always a Sri Lankan or Maldivian curry to try, but exercise care as they were all very, very hot! The restaurants gave you time to interact with the staff who were all absolutely wonderful, intelligent, engaging and attentive. Special mentions to the wonderful Abu, Habib and Adam and to the wonderful lady in the hijab who greeted us every morning and evening at Longitude. Then there was the amazing ice cream bar and its resident magician / Chef Jewel. Pandan, pistachio, ricotta, campari, marmalade, strawberry and pepper had all been transformed into gorgeous sorbets and ice creams. A special mention also to Jewel's 'petit' assistant for her great chat and service.

There are other things to do other than eating, eating and eating. We snorkelled twice daily on the reef. We saw black tip and white tip sharks, turtles, clown fish, Titan Triggerfish,enormous Napoleon Wrasse, Parrotfish etc. Its a bit of a swim out to the drop off but when you get there the reef is amazing. Don't confine yourself to the reef in front of Chill bar. The best coral and fish are opposite jetty A. We also cycled round the island, kayaked, used the gym and played beach rugby. A great highlight was seeing a turtle nest hatch out and help get the 76 tiny turtles into the sea.

Much has been made about the cost of lunches and drinks. In reality its not that bad. There was always a very good bottle of wine available for $50 and the excellent Lion Lager was on tap for $6. A bowl of Pho was $15 which was more than enough for lunch, and there was a 2 for 1 happy hour every night. There is always lots of water in the villa and the mini bar prices were probably cheaper than a hotel in the UK.

The guest were very international. Australians, Americans, Brits, Spanish, French, Japanese, Dutch, Italians, Chinese and Indians, although it would be fair to say that the Chinese were in the majority.

So in summary....Six Senses takes some getting to - but its well worth it. The staff are the stars but they are ably supported by beautiful scenery and the wonders of nature - crabs, bats, fish, turtles and the Maldivian tree hamster (!). You can be as active or as lazy as you like, however I'd recommend that you can at least swim, walk and cycle! Thank you to all of the staff at Six Senses Laamu for a wonderful holiday and wonderful memories like sunset cocktails and card games in Chill Bar. If you take my recommendation and visit this piece of paradise, please tip well as you will not receive better service anywhere.

Room Tip: West side of jetty A if you want good access to the reef and sunset views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Equality_7-2521
Dear Equality_7-2521,

It was wonderful to have your family and yourself at the resort a short while back and it is great to read your very comprehensive and thorough review for Six Senses Laamu!

We are naturally very pleased to read that you rate your entire journey to Six Senses Laamu, beginning from your arrival and throughout your stay, as amazing and that the experience has left you wonderful memories to carry back home.

Thank you for the very positive feedback on our villa accommodation, transfers, food and beverage offerings, excursions and activities and all of our other facilities and services; lovely to hear that you enjoyed them all and were all up to your expectations! We thank you as well for your comments regarding the lock on the WC and the sunken table at the water villas. While of course sad to learn that you found neither user friendly or quirky, happy though that in your overall view these were minor issues. We take on board all feedback and shall certainly look at these two point in future product reviews to see if they should be changing or be updated.

Your recognition to Chef Rana and Abidha from Ice and to Aboo, Habeeb, Adam and Javaa from Longitude are shared with them. They are very grateful for your kind words and would like to convey their personal thanks to you.

Again, we are very delighted to know that your whole experience has been worthwhile and your family and yourself very much enjoyed your time with us.

The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back soon!

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed June 27, 2014

What follows is a review I wrote over a period of about 10 days...

Why did we go?
Part of the reason we were on Six Senses Laamu was for work as my wife is in the travel business.
And, we wanted to renew our wedding vows!
It's nice to want to get marry your wife again! :)

Transfers
We took a domestic flight from Male. The Six Senses hosts were there at the airport on arrival and departure to smooth out our transfers. The domestic flight passed easily enough... I slept! When we arrived at the local airport near Six Senses Laamu the hosts were there to collect our bags and get us on the speed boat.

Arrival
We eagerly took off our shoes on the speed boat and thrust them into the specially prepared bag. We didn't need our shoes the entire we were at Laamu.
The transfer was smooth as glass as the seas were very calm...

accommodation
We stayed in an over water villa for 2 nights and a beach villa for 2 nights.
Over water villas are really quite nice in my opinion. Definitely close to the water and if you are on an island that's where you want to be, right? Nothing like slipping into moonlit water from your own deck!
I liked hanging out on the deck with my wife watching the water surging beneath us.

Beach villa is nice too but different. Since there is so much privacy because of the plants around the villas there is less sunlight getting into the villa! I felt like the beach villa was larger but I don't recall if there is an actual size difference.
Walking out on to the beach after the sunset was something we really enjoyed... we don't get to dig our toes in sand very often.
Our villa was right next to the Leaf restaurant so wandering over for lunch was an ideal stroll down the beach.
Both villa types had outdoor showers of which I took full advantage.

Room amenities
The first thing that really jumps out for me was the beach bag... that came in really really handy. I don't know why island resorts don't make beach bags a default amenity!
Our villas did not have an espresso machine (boo) but plenty of bottled water(on site) definitely helped keep us hydrated.

Wifi
We connected immediately and were able to pull down emails and do the necessary FB posts. I didn’t need to do much more and was okay with the speed of the connection.

housekeeping
Very pleased all in all… we never actually saw any of the people who cleaned our rooms, they slipped in and out while we were out and about. The rooms were always tidy when we got back even though we did manage to track sand in from time to time. The beds were heavenly and we didn’t need the mosquito nets while we were there.

staff
Our butler was Nahjee(sp?). He was very patient with our seemingly near constant questions and requests. We really appreciated his professionalism and his candor. And as he helped us so much with our vow arrangements we are grateful to him in making a semi-stressful event as smooth as possible.

The island
It's a tropical island covered in trees with plenty of birds and lizards to watch... I heard other guests talking about the erosion control measures but I hardly noticed it. One thing we did notice was how social the hermit crabs can be… they would huddle around each other and seem to fight but then just as quickly group around each other. Fascinating.

The beach
I should say beaches… it’s an island in the ocean and the sea currents shift as do the winds and as the sands...so one side of the island will be calm and the other side not so calm. That said, the sand was nice and it felt good between the toes. I gave myself a good watery sand scrub on the shore.

I like good food and probably put on 3k while I was there... the breakfast buffet spread was really diverse, fresh and tempting in so many ways! Being able to mix four different kinds of fresh juice was a lot of fun.
We had an instance of a little dirt on our arugula leaves... nothing to get excited about but we let the floor manager know before any other guests experienced same. Over the course of the next 30 minutes we had three senior food managers come and apologize! I was blown away! It was only a little dirt and we ate the arugula anyway because it tasted so good. We found out that part of the reason it tasted so good was that it was grown right on the island in their organic garden.
It just goes to show how serious they take food quality. We enjoyed every meal.
I would be remiss if I did not mention...

The free ice cream! We ate a lot of it! I am sure that if the resort provided a tasting card to guests many of them would be able to tick off each and every flavor. Very popular and very tasty!

And, the cheese room at breakfast... it's hard to find such a good selection of cheeses all in one place ready to be sampled at your pleasure... my wife and I essentially had a cheese plate for breakfast every day!

We did get room service one night. We ordered a Maldivian curry which was quite good and the
service was fast, friendly, and professional. We watched “Finding Nemo”. Fish are friends!

getting around
Bicycles! Yeah! I do like the freedom of bicycling around the island. It just feels right biking along the paths under the trees... it's closer to the speed of life. They do have buggies but we rarely used them... unless we had to be somewhere on time! Yes, it was a workation!

The Gym
Only visited the gym but the trainer was there and seemed eager to help me get a brief training session arranged but again, just no time… though I did pack my gym gear!

The Spa
Yes, the world famous Six Senses Spa… and no, I didn’t get a chance to take advantage of that… I should have booked in advance!

The Bar
We spent a bit of time there just hanging out on the nets over the water, watching the sunset and listening to music. A lot of people brought ice cream cones to eat while watching the sunset! The DJ was kept it mellow but not so mellow as to feel like we were in an elevator. Contemporary lounge, is that what you call it? I don’t know. It sounded good to me whatever the style.

I know I ordered the bar’s signature drink because it had ginger in it and I asked them add a bit more since I like it. Very nice place to just chill with the wife...

Activities
My wife and I did laughing yoga, on the pavillion above the gym, which really was quite a laugh! If there had a been an award for silly, I think I would have won. :)
My wife went to an exercise class while I took a nap. She came back exhausted but happy.
I took a paddle board for a couple of hours when the winds had died down a few hours before sunset and paddled around the island. With the right weather and gear I would say this is the best way to see the reef at the island. Take the paddle board and swim goggles out and when you see something interesting, put your face in the water and take a look see. I saw skates and rays and lots and lots of coral and fish. Of course, paddle boards do take some getting used to... so you might want to practice a bit first.
I must add though, I didn't like being charged for the paddle board as I understood all non-motorized water sports were FOC.

snorkeling
Obviously if you are in Maldives you need to go snorkeling. The reef is right next to the restaurants and it's really easy to get in the water and start seeing fish and coral. Definitely take the guided snorkeling tour to get the most of your time in the water!
I wanted to go surfing at yin-yang as well but again, just not enough time! :(
The catamarans were also tempting me as well but alas, when the wind was good we had other plans. Vacations are too short!

GM's cocktail
I highly recommend attending the GM's cocktail. It gives you an opportunity to bring up any concerns or questions you may have. Marteyne was very helpful and positively enthusiastic about our upcoming vow renewal ceremony.
There was a drum/dance performance just before sun down and it was fun to cut loose a little and kick up some sand...

Picnic Island excursion
Frankly, I'm not 100% if that is the official name of the island! ;) I do know that we went there on a speed boat and the hosts set us up with lots of food, water, a bottle of wine and told us they would pick us up in five hours. We had a cell phone if we needed a sooner pickup but as it turned out, the pickup came too early! I could have stayed the whole night! The tranquility, the privacy, the beauty of it all was very nice. Next time we'll arrange to stay overnight.
We got some great pictures and had a really nice time there, just the two of us... I highly recommend 'renting an island for a day'!
I would be totally remiss in not mentioning the reef at Picnic Island is a must see. It's pristine as its far from any resorts or villages. The fish are plentiful and the corals are spectacular. We spent nearly 3 of our 5 hours at Picnic Island snorkeling!

vow renewal
On the day of vow renewal it started raining just a couple of hours before. My wife was ready to go and we tried to make the best of what looked like a cancellation... but at the last minute, the sun broke through and we were on our way!
They took us by speed boat to the sand bank. Our butler, Nahjee, also served as our photographer. He took lots of before, during and after photos of the ceremony. Thank you again, Nahjee.
The ceremony was simple as was the set up but it was perfect for us out in the middle of the ocean on a small sand bank with nothing but big sky and water around us.
We had some canapes and a bottle of champagne and spent most of our time on the sand bank taking pictures, some of which you'll see below.
It was fun seeing the reactions of the other guests... lots of smiles and congratulations... :)

Overall
Six Senses Laamu has changed a bit since my last visit… I think it has gotten better! It is such a great example of low key luxury… it is so low key that we had trouble finding a sign that said “Six Senses Laamu” on the entire island!

P.s. I had a bunch more photos but Tripadvisor is not letting me post more than 3.

Room Tip: Jetty A facing the ocean...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank yankabout
Dear yankabout,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review regarding your recent visit at Six Senses Laamu; It is great and very rewarding for us to learn that you felt the experience to be outstanding and even surpassing your first experience with us.

The sandbank is indeed a magical place to have your wedding vows renewed and the team and I were very happy to have been part of your special occasion. A big "Congratulations" to you both and may you continue to live a long and happy life together!

Again, the team and I are very grateful for your detailed review and we are naturally pleased that you had a great time with us. Thanks for having taken the time to share your comprehensive review of your fantastic experience with our readers and followers.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming your wife and yourself back to the resort in the not too distant future.

Bristol, UK
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here with my new boyfriend. We had a water villa and it was absolutely spectacular. The villa itself was incredible - clean, well equipped, stunning location. The resort was beautiful, our guest experience maker was brilliant. We did have dietary issues, the executive chef seemed to misunderstand vegan vs vegetarian but other than that, our holiday was perfect. It really was indescribably wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Torianna
Marteyne, General Manager at Six Senses Laamu, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Torianna,

Thank you very much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor; the team and I much appreciate your positive endorsement!

Delighted to hear that you found your water villa to be absolutely spectacular. It is great to see you describe the villas as incredible, clean, well equipped and in a stunning location. Thanks too for sharing that your GEM brilliant; it certainly makes us proud of the team. Apologies that we appeared to have misunderstood the dietary requirements as vegetarian instead of vegan and be assured that we have taken steps to prevent miscommunications in future.

We are proud to see that your experience at Six Senses Laamu is described as and indescribably wonderful perfect holiday and hope you know that your feedback serves as a great encouragement for all of us to continue our efforts to deliver out of the ordinary experiences!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back, be it here or at any of our other sister properties, in the not too distant future! Until then,

With kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

If you have booked into Six Senses i urge you to start getting very excited as this place is heaven on earth. I will try and give the most honest opinion I can.....
Lets start with the very few
Negatives;
1. When we booked Six Senses a long time ago we put in a special request for a sunset view on Jetty A as far out as possible. We received a Villa with a sunrise view not so far out on the jetty at all. Because the resort was almost empty we had hoped for a honeymoon upgrade but this did not happen. However we soon fell in love with our villa and to be honest they are all amazing no matter what jetty or side. It has encouraged us to get up early every morning to watch the sunrise.
2. Rubbish - the local island next door dispose of their rubbish by letting it drift out to sea. Rubbish floats all around six senses which is not so nice especially when snorkelling. Something needs to be done here such as an education program for the locals.
3. Construction - all huts at the end of each jetty are currently being renovated and getting plunge pools. You do hear the occasional nail gun and power saw but it is faint and did not bother us too much.
4. All staff called my wife by her middle name despite us correcting them. This occurred when we were first greeted at the airport to well into our stay. Not a major concern but would be nice to get her name correct.
5. Dredging/Erosion - between jetty A and B they have a pump system to move sand. It does not look great but i guess they need to do it. It does however stir up the sand which effects snorkelling visibility. There are also loads of sandbags to the left of Jetty A to stop erosion - not so pretty to look at.
6. Cost - the cost of some excursions such as a private BBQ dinner are way over the top. However the drinks are reasonable. We paid $9 or $10 for boutique beers which is not too bad. Each night at Chill we had a $16 glass of NZ Sav blanc, however as it was buy one get one free they became $8 each which is standard price. Late checkout (12pm to 5pm) is an extra AU $600....no thanks! Just be aware that %18 is added to everything for tax and service.
Suggestions;
1. Name tags for staff
2. A lower platform on water villa decks to dangle feet into water
3. A table tennis/games room for wet weather days
4. The ability to hire booties which are a necessity for surfing reefs.
5. Jungle cinema - play new releases rather than old movies.
Positives;
1. Villas - all amazing. Superbly appointed, including state of the art audio surround sound system. You really need to see these villas to truly appreciate them.
Jetty A: perfect for snorkelling the house reef and accessing the resort facilities. The first 6 are lagoon water villas then as you go out further they become ocean water villas then Laamu water villas (more expensive). The first 4 on the sunset side over look the resort restaurants so try to avoid if you desire uninterrupted views. The first 4 on the sunrise side over look jetty B. If you are after a lagoon water villa Sunset side try to secure villa 5 or 6 and on the sunrise side villa 31 or 30 or alternatively opt for the more expensive villas.
Jetty C - sunrise side great for watching the surf and privacy. Not so great if exercise is an issue for you as they are quite a distance from the hotel restaurants.
2. Food - Just Wow! Please note the half board also includes the leaf restaurant at present (as well as longitude). The quality of food is spectacular. As mentioned in other reviews the buffet breakfast is to die for. To be honest you do not need lunch included. Load up on the amazing breakfast, indulge in the free ice cream for lunch and finish the day with an amazing dinner at longitude or leaf. Be prepared to put on a few kilos :). Also if you want to try another restaurant option or a special sandbank or beach BBQ then you receive $78 credit towards this per person.
3. Staff - so friendly and helpful. Our only concern here was at times we felt the GEMs encourage you to do activities so the resort makes more money? In saying that our Gem was amazing. My wife celebrated her 30th birthday during this trip and our GEM went above and beyond to make it the most special day ever. He even hand crafted her a special card made from coconut skin.
4. Eco friendly - we utterly loved this concept. The bikes, barefoot, natural construction, outdoor shower were all amazing.
5. Activities - so much to do and see. We surfed, went on a dolphin tour and guided snorkel trip, had a private dinner on the beach, hired canoes, snorkelled the house reef every day, trained in the gym, had treatments in the spa. All superb
6. Chill bar at sunset - 1/2 price cocktails each night while watching the incredible sunsets are a must.
7. Weather - incredible. Can be touch and go in the wet season but seems to storm at night and clear during the day. Most days the sun came out at some stage if not for most of the day.
8. Other - free ice cream, jungle cinema, complimentary canapés at chill bar, honeymoon extras, extensive DVD library for wet weather days, house reef and reef around sand bank, beautiful and abundant sea life (reef sharks, turtles, rays and many varieties of colourful fish), free aloe vera in room, Tuesday complimentary all you can drink cocktails and so so much more.

I will dream about the view from our villa for a very long time. We live to travel and have travelled the world and this place is now at the top of our list. Our next 2 stops on this amazing honeymoon are the Amalfi Coast and Greek islands....the Maldives has certainly set the bar high. The question is not whether we will return to Six Senses Maldives but rather when. If you have booked to come to Six Senses Maldives start getting very excited.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Wade_Adele
Marteyne, General Manager at Six Senses Laamu, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Wade_Adele,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write such a comprehensive review on TripAdvisor. The team and I much appreciate your candid review and are grateful for the feedback.

We are glad that you could experience many of our facilities and service offerings and this truly is the best way to get to know the resort. It is great to read that you rate the villas amazing despite your initial disappointment when an upgrade was not available. The Culinary Team was thrilled to read you describe the food as "Just Wow"! This is the utmost reward that the Chefs could receive and they thank you for it. Thanks for recommending the team as "so friendly and helpful". We are so moved to see that your GEM's efforts in tailoring the special occasion of your wife's special birthday was recognized by you; thank you for that! It means the world to the team.

We are pleased that you loved our concept and felt aligned with our eco friendly approach. And it was great to see you were able to partake is so many of our activities and that you clearly enjoyed them all. From surfing to the dolphin tour, the guided snorkel trip, your private dinner on the beach, the canoes, the snorkeling on the house reef, the gym and the spa; it means a lot to us to have you rate them all superb
!. Chill bar at sunset is indeed a magical place and we are happy to read that you enjoyed it.

Thank you also very much for your constructive feedback on areas where we can improve. Be assured that your points are taken on board and will be used in trainings and internal product and service reviews to see how best to improve upon these further. You will be pleased to know though that the construction at the end of the over water jetties has since been completed and the resort now offers Laamu Water Villas with Pools. I sincerely apologize that you heard the occasional nail gun and power saw even though you share that it was faint and did not bother you too much. My apologies too that we continued to call your wife by her maiden name and I appreciate that this is disappointing, most certainly when on a honeymoon. We have taken immediate steps to take this into our trainings and I am confident this error will not happen again. My apologies though again.

Wade_Adele, the team and I are thrilled to know that the question is not if you will return to Six Senses Maldives but rather when! We very much look forward to welcoming you both back and if we can help with arrangements in any way, please do not hesitate to reach out; it will certainly be a great pleasure to count you both among our growing list of repeaters!

Thank you again for sharing your review; we greatly appreciate it and excitedly look forward to welcoming you both back. Until then,

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is a wonderful place, great beaches, fantastic service and overall a top top resort. We went for 10 days i february (2 adults and a baby), and stayed in one of the beach villas. I can recomend beach villas because of their secluded location and private beaches. Traveling with a 10 month old baby this was the perfect solution for us.

Room Tip: Recomend Beach villas!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mjoendahl
Marteyne, General Manager at Six Senses Laamu, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Mjoendahl,

Hearing your wonderful praises is a great reward for the team; thank you very much!

We are naturally happy to have read your very kind feedback and are delighted to know you had a fantastic stay with us. Our current Beach Villas are indeed suitable for families but would highly recommend for you to try our new category of Family Beach Villas with Pool on your next stay.

We hope to look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future!

Until then,

Best regards,

Six Senses Lama
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My Bride (of 20 years) and I spent a week at Six Senses Laamu, and found the location to be surreal if not initially overwhelming. But the real difference for us was the staff, particularly the wait staff at Longitude Restaurant. They made us feel as though we were their only focus. Quietly spoken, gentle natured staff really suited us and our Holiday. Although a tropical storm went through on the day of our departure, meaning that we missed flights and connections, a staff member from the resort was on hand at the International Airport to assist with re-scheduling all of our flights. Where else would you get that kind of service? As far as the general service at the resort goes, I think that Australian operators could learn a lot from the staff at Six Senses and Maldives in general!

Room Tip: Definitely go for the "over-water" bungalow, and watch the fish through the bath tub floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Marteyne, General Manager at Six Senses Laamu, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Brendan R,

The team and I much appreciate hearing from you and wish to thank you for sharing your experience with us and our TripAdvisor readers. It was a great pleasure hosting your beautiful bride of 20 years and yourself.

Your feedback is a great compliment to the team and on behalf of all of us, I wish to extend to you our sincerest gratitude for having recognized the efforts and warm-hearted service of our hosts. Be assured that your kind words will serve to inspire and motivate us even further!

We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to the resort in the not too distant future. If not here at Six Senses Laamu, we hope you will have opportunity to visit one of our sister resorts and be assured that, be it here or elsewhere with Six Senses, no effort will be spared to provide at minimum the same wonderful experience, or better, an even better experience on your future visits. If ever we can help, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you and your wonderful bride again Brendan and I sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Olhuveli Island
Nazaki Residences Beach Hotel
Pallazo Laamu
Pallazo Laamu
#1 of 3 in Gan Island

Been to Six Senses Laamu? Share your experiences!