If you have ever visited Six Senses Fushi or Gili (now sold-off), you will understand where I'm coming from... Don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful island with that 'jungle' feeling and rustic chic luxury of the water villas. Who can ever tire from riding a bike to breakfast and dinner (wearing an evening dress!). However, my disappointment began when the 'no news, no shoes' philosophy wasn't introduced during the transfer to the island (although am sure I did see someone with a shoe bag later in the week). We had a arrived late with another couple and our GEM spent little time welcoming us and showing us round our accommodation. Fortunately, the set up of the Six Senses accommodation in the Maldives is similar and we were able to work things out for ourselves. In general our GEM seemed very busy and although did make the restaurant bookings we requested, he did not confirm back to us, so we had to call to check. I'm not sure what the 'Experience Maker' role entails, but we certainly weren't made to feel special, unlike the 'Man Friday' we had at the other Six Senses resorts. As expected, the evenings in the bar were quiet, but we were well entertained by DJ Gary and the other hosts in the Chill Bar. It seemed a waste to have such a good entertainer entertaining only a handful of guests and we wondered why more evening events aren't organised, or maybe that's just us as we are night owls. We did have some whinges too about the service and the quite obviously inexperienced staff, but do understand everyone has to start somewhere. Overall, we did have a wonderful time and we will be returning to the Maldives, but it's unlikely to be a Six Senses resort...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dolphins spin all along the shores of Six Senses Laamu, located in the pristine Laamu Atoll. From Male’ Airport, it is just a forty minute flight along the beautiful Maldivian coastline followed by a short speed boat trip. Offering 97 villas, both overwater and on the beach, and an abundance of dining options, water sports, spa and other great activities. Service is second to none with your butler overseeing every need from arrival to departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Prestigia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Six Senses Laamu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Senses Laamu Hotel Olhuveli Island
- 6 Senses Laamu
- Six Senses Laamu Laamu Atoll, Maldives