Six Senses Laamu
Orbitz.com
Bambukeyo Villa(Dhaalu Atoll)
$70
Priceline
Reveries Diving Village(Gan Island)(Great Value!)
$87
$54
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,444 results
All reviewsour honeymoonfishdomestic flightmale airportwater sportshalf boardother resortsmarine lifeparadise on earththe general managerlaamu atollindian oceanspecial thankseagle raysevery mealworld classbeautiful island
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here in January 2012. First time in the Maldives and honest to goodness, what a place. Phenomenal seems like an understatement.

We stayed in the water villas. The entire place is built with wood and is so cleverly designed. Loved the glass bathtub and the 'fish TV' in the loo... You'll know what I mean when you are there. The bed and pillows are divine... Its like sleeping in the clouds.

The snorkelling is fabulous. The reef is gorgeous and checking out corals and underwater life is breath taking.

All the staff is lovely..you'll love your GEMs... and the food and drink is just sublime.. Its such an amazing place to get away to.
Every tiny detail has been looked into and you're in safe hands once you get off the boat. Enjoy your bike ride to the main guest area and just take in the beauty of the crystal clear water, gorgeous beaches and the lovely vegetation. It's truly a one of a kind place and I'm honoured that I got to visit it.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank keikods
SixSensesLaamu, General Manager at Six Senses Laamu, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear keikods,

We are truly grateful for your review on Six Senses Laamu and for sharing your wonderful experience with our TripAdvisor readers. It is a pleasure to know that your first holiday experience at the Maldives was truly a memorable one and we at Six Senses Laamu are very much delighted that we are a part of it.

We are extremely happy that we were able to provide you the most unique and most memorable experience so far and we are truly grateful for you for taking the time to post such very pleasant review.

On behalf of the entire team, a very sincere Thank You!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Six Senses in November 2012 for our 5th anniversary. We had the best time - the over water villa was stunning, the food beautiful, the staff were amazing and so attentive. We are already deciding which Six Senses property we will visit next based on our week at Laamu!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Sarah N
SixSensesLaamu, General Manager at Six Senses Laamu, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Six Senses Laamu. I am delighted to read of your very positive review regarding your stay. We are very grateful for your feedback and if there’s anything in particular that I can assist you with regarding your next stay in Laamu or in any of our Six Senses properties, please feel free to contact me directly at marteyne@sixsenses.com; it would be my pleasure to assist.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at Six Senses Laamu in late August of 2012.

Upon arrival I was greeted by Jonanthan, the Hotel Manager. Jonathan gave us a great tour of the facilities which were exceptionally beautiful. The overwater room was thoughtfully designed with attention to every detail and luxuriously comfortable. We were able to snorkle off of the room.

I was traveling with a friend for the first two nights and then was on my own three nights. As a single person at first it felt like a little too much of a honeymoon but then I actually met some lovely people who invited me to join them for meals and activities so I didn't feel as much like an odd man out.

The food at the resort was delcious and inventive. Occasionally the staff did not know as much about the menu as I would have expected however there were extremely helpful and kind.

On the last day I received some very disappointing news from the staff that the flight they arranged would leave at 5:30 am so I did not get to stay up as late I was would have liked to on my last night of vacation or enjoy the morning. I complained and Jonathan, the Manager met my temper with grace and helped arrange a few hour stay at hotel in Male that I could sleep in since my connection there was 8 hours.

The marine biologist at the resort showed us the turtles hatching one night and she was extremely knowedgable and kind.

Overall I had a wonderful stay and would recommend Six Sense Laamu to anyone and hope to return!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Anthony B
SixSensesLaamu, General Manager at Six Senses Laamu, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear TangerineBlue,

It is great to know that your overall stay at Six Senses Laamu was a wonderful one and that you have truly appreciated the kindness and helpfulness of our hosts. Your kind comments will be shared to the whole team so they will be more inspired to always strive for the best.

You recommendation of our resort is highly appreciated and of course, please let me know of your next planned stay at our little paradise and I will personally assist you on your next booking.

Thank you and see you again soon at Six Senses Laamu!

Yours sincerely,

Marteyne van Well
General Manager, Six Senses Laamu
marteyne@sixsenses.com

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We spent 7 nights at the Six Senses Laamu in April for our honeymoon.
The trip to the actual island was long but very much worth the effort.
We were greeted by our GEM Auzim (not sure if spelled correctly) and he made sure we had a fantastic time. We stayed in an overwater bungalow with amazing views, the room was really well designed with an amazing outdoor bathroom, glass floor in toilet & beautiful deck with uninterrupted views. The only con: there is not much coral life left in front of the bungalow (at least at Jetty C as the hotel is still very new) but it didn't really matter as there is a very nice house reef in front of chill bar, perfect for snorkelling.
The food was amazing, we had absolutely no complaints. It's worth to book a wine tasting at the cellar and book the dolphin cruise, we saw around 20 of them. The spa treatments are great (although pricey) but in a very special location. Six senses Laamu is a real paradise and worth the $$ and long trip!

Room Tip: Book a overwaterbungalow at Jetty C (we had room 74)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TamStam
SixSensesLaamu, General Manager at Six Senses Laamu, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear TamStam,

Warmest greetings from Six Senses Laamu!

We are extremely happy that we were able to provide you a fantastic and most memorable experience and we are truly grateful for you for taking the time to post such very pleasant TripAdvisor review regarding your stay at our resort.

Auzam indeed is one of our best GEMs and he is truly appreciative of your compliments for him.

It is also a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed our food and wine offerings, our resort experiences and services and our Spa treatments. We value your feedback a lot and thank you for helping our travelers have an insight on how memorable and unique their holiday in Six Senses Laamu can be.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and thanks again for being our guest.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Hubby and I planned this trip a while ago and believe me, we were not disappointed! The resort is a bit of a drag to get to, but i't so secluded and private and beautiful, it's worth the extra effort! It's basically a no shoe, relaxing, gorgeous resort. Attention to detail in everything!
We stayed at one of the last bungalows on Jetty B, number 45 Ocean Villa. Superb! So quite and the amazing blue waters of the Indian Ocean made us jump out of bed each morning straight into the ocean! The outdoor shower was fantastic! We celebrated our 10th anniversary and renewal of our vows on the sand bank. It was quite an experience! Staff is so friendly it hurts! ;) The food is excellent in all of the restaurants, although not quite a lot of food, since all the restaurants are gourmet, but delicious! Leaf Restaurant was our favorite. Chill Bar is a nice hang out place for after dinner and for snorkeling. Ice cream bar is a nice treat , simply delicious and very original flavors of sorbets! And free! This is a nice place for couples, very romantic indeed. The afternoon we had our renewal of vows, was simply fantastic. We arranged a dinner on the beach, delicious! When we finally went back to our room, we found our bikes with the plates Just Married, and it was a nice touch. Also, when we came inside the room, our bed was made beautifully by our Housekeeper, Jameel with hearts of flowers. There was also a very pretty chocolate cake, all set up for us, a very nice touch! I did not want to leave the place. I would go back tomorrow! The only thing I got to say was a negative was the price for manicure/pedicure. I booked for myself but did not ask the price. When I finally realized they charged $ 125 for a mani and
$ 125 for a pedicure I canceled on the spot! Ridiculous overpriced and I refuse to pay this much. Needless to say I got re-married without one! I recommend Six Senses Laamu to all lovebirds out there. Nothing to do except walk barefoot, ride your bike, eat good food, gaze at the stars with your significant other, snorkel, dive, kayak and spend a lot of alone time with your honey. Our GEM Ali was the best. I want to go back one day!
One more thing. We lucked out in a couple of occasions to see so many dolphins jumping out of the water, turtles and manta rays. The bats on the island are HUGE! We never used our nets on our beds. Just opened everything and let the nice breeze in!

Room Tip: Jetty B is nicer than the others because they have clear blue waters and not much coral reef. It's deep and so refreshing to just hang on your private deck and plunge into the beautiful waters. The bungalows are very private! We loved it! After twelve o'clock there's no more sun on the deck, so we moved to the beach instead. But the sunrises were spetacular!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple