We spent 7 nights at the Six Senses Laamu in April for our honeymoon.
The trip to the actual island was long but very much worth the effort.
We were greeted by our GEM Auzim (not sure if spelled correctly) and he made sure we had a fantastic time. We stayed in an overwater bungalow with amazing views, the room was really well designed with an amazing outdoor bathroom, glass floor in toilet & beautiful deck with uninterrupted views. The only con: there is not much coral life left in front of the bungalow (at least at Jetty C as the hotel is still very new) but it didn't really matter as there is a very nice house reef in front of chill bar, perfect for snorkelling.
The food was amazing, we had absolutely no complaints. It's worth to book a wine tasting at the cellar and book the dolphin cruise, we saw around 20 of them. The spa treatments are great (although pricey) but in a very special location. Six senses Laamu is a real paradise and worth the $$ and long trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dolphins spin all along the shores of Six Senses Laamu, located in the pristine Laamu Atoll. From Male’ Airport, it is just a forty minute flight along the beautiful Maldivian coastline followed by a short speed boat trip. Offering 97 villas, both overwater and on the beach, and an abundance of dining options, water sports, spa and other great activities. Service is second to none with your butler overseeing every need from arrival to departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Six Senses Laamu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Senses Laamu Hotel Olhuveli Island
- 6 Senses Laamu
- Six Senses Laamu Laamu Atoll, Maldives